Plavix (clopidogrel)

TheBoy'sMom

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello everyone,

I was interested to know of other people having their cat on this drug and what their experience was. Did your cats have any side effects or noticeable change in behavior?

My cat is 15 and has an HCM diagnosis of 2 years and has recently been put on Plavix for the past week or so. In that time he's been getting extreme bloat, so much so that he will sometimes go 2 days without going to the bathroom. He doesn't strain to go. He just doesn't seem to have to go. I've started giving him 1/4 tsp 2 times a day of Miralax, because when I gave him 1/8 tsp he was going once, like after being extremely bloated for an entire day. :( He's very weak. He sleeps all day and when he gets up he walks a few feet and lies back down and sometimes stumbles! My cat has always been a high energy cat. Up until recently I used to have to play with him at least one a day or he'd get agitated from being so wound up. He's a shell of his former self. When I read up on human reviews of this drug people described these very side effects, especially the weakness.

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi. So sorry to hear of your kitty's issues! I have no direct experience with this, but since I have seen a number of threads related to the use of Plavix, I thought I would give you a link to these threads in case you might be interested in reading them for additional information.

Search Results for Query: plavix | TheCatSite

Other members who have first hand knowledge with Plavix will soon come along and offer direct responses to your post. It might just take a while before they have time to log on and read through new posts - so, please be patient and check back often for new responses!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

TheBoy'sMom

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you! I did sift through the search results a bit for Plavix, but I didn't see posts about the side effects. I will take a more thorough look tonight after work.