Plastic bag scare

D gn

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
We are always so careful with items in our house. Cats can get into things so easy.
we we going through a fairly large cabinet tonight. Just setting a large item wrapped in a clear plastic bag against a wall. We weren’t going to take too long, but sure enough one of our cats wiggled into that plastic bag, then she got scared, trapping herself on either corner. She really looked panicked. Luckily we were right there. But it’s a lesson, and won’t do that again.

CatladyJan

<><
Top Cat
Purraise
We are always so careful with items in our house. Cats can get into things so easy.
we we going through a fairly large cabinet tonight. Just setting a large item wrapped in a clear plastic bag against a wall. We weren’t going to take too long, but sure enough one of our cats wiggled into that plastic bag, then she got scared, trapping herself on either corner. She really looked panicked. Luckily we were right there. But it’s a lesson, and won’t do that again.
Glad your cat is fine, there are so many things we have to watch in our homes.

Babypaws

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I find having cats in the house is like having a toddler. A couple of times one of my cats starting playing with an empty plastic bag and got their head caught in the handle before I had a chance to get rid of it and she got really panicked and started running wildly around. They are very curious. Mine love playing in a cardboard box or paper bags..I think they’d rather play with them then cat toys.
😄

livismom1

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I had a cat that "attacked" the window blinds and ended up hanging himself in the cords. Luckily I was home to save him. Lesson learned and cords were tied up after that. But the other day I was opening a package that came in a bubble mailer. I set off to my side while unwrapping the contents. Next thing I know, Oliver is racing around with it stuck to his butt because he sat on it. Wish I could have gotten a video of that. Lol

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
I find having cats in the house is like having a toddler. A couple of times one of my cats starting playing with an empty plastic bag and got their head caught in the handle before I had a chance to get rid of it and she got really panicked and started running wildly around. They are very curious. Mine love playing in a cardboard box or paper bags..I think they’d rather play with them then cat toys.
😄
Yep! Like having toddlers. One of my cats did that too--somewhere I have a photo of our cat dragging a paper bag with the handle around his neck.

D gn D gn Very glad your kitty came out of that adventure unscathed. It's a good reminder to keep an eye out for kitty dangers like that.