Placide

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
I am so sorry for your loss of Placide. Your posts all indicated how much you had tried to do for her and, if I recall correctly, she is about 21 years old. That is a remarkable accomplishment and, while I know that this is not what you mean, you honored her by giving her such a long and cherished life.

This is probably not the best time to do this, but if you google "pet memorials" you will find a number of options, some very creative.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

nanniecat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I am so sorry for your loss of Placide. Your posts all indicated how much you had tried to do for her and, if I recall correctly, she is about 21 years old. That is a remarkable accomplishment and, while I know that this is not what you mean, you honored her by giving her such a long and cherished life.

This is probably not the best time to do this, but if you google "pet memorials" you will find a number of options, some very creative.
thank u. i really did not think it would be the arthritis to lose her to. she survived major surgery,fgesf,diabetes but she couldnt beat arthritis. i am so glad that i made her life so joyful. she did have the heart of a lion. she could barely walk but she wanted to be with me to the end. solensia had stopped working after abt the 5th shot. it was progressing so fast. 21 yrs in a couple of months.thank u for the support in our journey. it helped me in so many ways.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

nanniecat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise

she went to a pet cemetary near my home. with a plaque engraved " face of an angel, heart of a lion" nothing will ever be enuf for the joy she gave me.

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
That sounds absolutely beautiful. The joy worked both ways and she knew how much you loved her.

It was our pleasure to have helped in any small way that we could for you and Placide.

Last edited:

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Rest you gentIe, PIacide, dream you deep. Your pawprints are on someone's heart forever.

What a beautifuI, Iong Iife the two of you shared..But where there is Iove, an eternity is not Iong enough. PIacide Iived, breathed and had her being wrapped in your Iove, and she passed through the Gate between This Adventure and her Next Great Adventure with your love beside her to guide her way. Now, from That Place Where All Things Are Known, she blesses you, and she sends her love, translated and purified into Love, back to walk with you down through all of your days. Because Love abides. Always, forever, Love abides. One day, in the fuIIness of time, your eternity together wiII come.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She will be a part of your very soul for eternity. She is at peace because of that love.
21 years is a huge testament to your love and care and to her strong will to live. you both are so incredibly lucky to share a love as you did. nothing can bring you solace right now, but know in time your pain will turn to gratitude for having her share your life's journey for so many years, "do not cry because it is over, smile because it happened."
i always buy a solar light to set in the garden to keep watch over my little ones. It looks like a lantern hanging from a hook. it brings me a reminder of them and how much i miss and love them when i look out at night and see it gently glowing and changing colors. in the winter it is incredibly beautiful, shining through the snow and bringing such comfort. i have one that has lasted over 6 years now, even changing the bulb and battery to keep it going. it is in memory of all my little ones who are now following a different path. that path will always parallel your own, tied together by the bonds of love.
go forward now living your life as you would have wanted her to go on, not in sorrow and tears, but with thankfulness for having her in your life and loving her, of having her give you one of this world's greatest treasures, a cat's love.
my heart goes out to you. you both fought a heroic battle. she does indeed have 'the face of an angel and the heart of a lion'. bless you both.......RIP precious Placide. You will always be remembered, you will have a secure place in a loving heart for eternity. May the good Lord bless and keep you, until you meet again!

CamiCat

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I'm so sorry for your loss! As I've been researching for my own kitty, I came across your posts, which have been so helpful and uplifting. I was wondering if you might be willing to share with me more about your journey with FGESF. An ultrasound found a colonic mass on my cat, and while the doctors jump to assuming cancer, the ultrasound report mentioned FGESF as rare but possible. A lot of what I'm reading about FGESF seems to match up with my kitty's symptoms/progression/ultrasound report, etc. But so far the doctors I've consulted with just aren't very familiar with it. I'm wondering if you'd be able to tell me more about what you did to get your FGESF diagnosis. Did you have a surgical resection of a mass or just do an endoscopy? I'm new to the site, but if there's a way to chat directly, I would love to hear more about your path with FGESF.