Places To Order Food Online

lokhismom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I've been using Chewy for a few years now but lately I've gotten a bit annoyed with them for not shipping my order when I want them. IE. This month I put my autoship to ship on the 29th but they didn't ship it until the 30th. Now my order will take 4 or 5 days to arrive because of the Easter holiday whereas I usually get it in 1 or 2 days. Now I'll have to stop at the store because I'm running low. It's just a hassle. I contacted Chewy and all they did was apologize with no explanation why my order didn't ship on the date I requested.

Anyway, I've used Amazon and Petco in the past but looking for alternatives

sunflower7

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
This is from the fromm website( with their authorized retailers) but it lists many online retailers that I never knew about . link here: Buyer Beware

Neo_23

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This is from the fromm website( with their authorized retailers) but it lists many online retailers that I never knew about . link here: Buyer Beware
I've also heard so many stories of pets getting sick from food ordered online that I just avoid it all together.

duckpond

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I order a lot of food from chewy, and have never gotten bad foods from them. They are an online store i trust. When you live in a very rural area it is hard to find pet foods without a 2 or 3 hour drive, so online is great. I wish we did have pet stores in our town, but we dont.

I also order online with Onlynaturalpet.com Never been disappointed with them either, but it does take a few days more to get my order than chewy.

the only other place i routinely order from is The Big Bad Woof The Big Bad Woof | Pet Store & Delivery i have never had a problem with them either.

I do not order food from amazon, or any other place that sells anything but pet foods. I have gotten bad food from amazon, they took care of it, refunded right away. But i dont trust them with my cat food.

That list has a lot of online places...lol... will need to check that out :)

Minxxy

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I order a lot of food from chewy, and have never gotten bad foods from them. They are an online store i trust. When you live in a very rural area it is hard to find pet foods without a 2 or 3 hour drive, so online is great. I wish we did have pet stores in our town, but we dont.

I also order online with Onlynaturalpet.com Never been disappointed with them either, but it does take a few days more to get my order than chewy.

the only other place i routinely order from is The Big Bad Woof The Big Bad Woof | Pet Store & Delivery i have never had a problem with them either.

I do not order food from amazon, or any other place that sells anything but pet foods. I have gotten bad food from amazon, they took care of it, refunded right away. But i dont trust them with my cat food.

That list has a lot of online places...lol... will need to check that out :)
Same here. I've ordered from Chewy.com for many years. So far no problems. I don't order pet food from Amazon anymore. I got some out of date products and it's too much of a hassle to return.

mojomom

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Oh no! I just ordered a sample case of Truluxe cans on Amazon :( I've only had great experiences with Chewy, but Amazon had a pretty good deal going on them, if I recall. I hope they are okay!

sweetblackpaws

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Drsfostersmith.com is very reputable, but they are limited in their food selection. But if they have what you want, you can feel confident ordering from them.

I also noticed that Chewy has not been shipping as fast as they used to.

I would not like to order pet food from Amazon. It's too much of a crap shoot as to who their 3rd party vendors are. Of course, many people order from A and the food is fine. It's just my personal preference to order elsewhere if possible. Don't want to scare anyone when it's probably fine!!

Last edited:

sweetblackpaws

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Oh no! I just ordered a sample case of Truluxe cans on Amazon :( I've only had great experiences with Chewy, but Amazon had a pretty good deal going on them, if I recall. I hope they are okay!
Don't worry, mojomom! There are a lot of good reviews for that from people that have ordered, I'm sure it will be okay. :cool2:

Minxxy

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I think for the most part Amazon is good but it's just a hassle to return stuff . I still use it just not for pet food.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lokhismom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I've ordered from Amazon in the past and never had an issue. I'll probably end up using their Subscribe and Save again. I'm looking for something similar to Chewy (a large selection) because I'm annoyed with Chewy for advertising 1-2 day shipping but lately that is not what I've been getting.

sweetblackpaws

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I've ordered from Amazon in the past and never had an issue. I'll probably end up using their Subscribe and Save again. I'm looking for something similar to Chewy (a large selection) because I'm annoyed with Chewy for advertising 1-2 day shipping but lately that is not what I've been getting.
I called them about this, and they were very nice and apologized but didn't really have an excuse. I continue to order from them because I find their pricing to be the best for Fancy Feast and Dr. Elsey cat litter. I mail in my coupons to their coupon center and they credit my credit card within a few days.

duckpond

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
most likely they will be, i would just check them close for exp dates, and that no seals are broken. I love amazon, just not for food, or litter. i would be a little more comfortable with them and wet food than dry.

sweetblackpaws

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
most likely they will be, i would just check them close for exp dates, and that no seals are broken. I love amazon, just not for food, or litter. i would be a little more comfortable with them and wet food than dry.
Yup - I do that with every single can I buy whether from Chewy or the grocery store, etc. I sit there with my cases of Fancy Feast checking expiration dates with my magnifying glass, lol! It gives me peace of mind.

Minxxy

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I've ordered from Amazon in the past and never had an issue. I'll probably end up using their Subscribe and Save again. I'm looking for something similar to Chewy (a large selection) be

cause I'm annoyed with Chewy for advertising 1-2 day shipping but lately that is not what I've been getting.[ I
I agree that is annoying . I really like Chewy but I don't know what is going on with them . I used to always get my shipment on day 2 . Now it takes 3 to 4 days ..