Pixie the Maine Coon odd behaviour

notimetosleep

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I have an ex-breeding Maine Coon.  She came to me in July last year in a terrible condition.  As far as I know she was kept outside in a pen and not allowed in the house.

Anyway, she has a tendency to bite my partner.  Initially I thought it was when he was stroking her and she got over excited, but sometimes she will casually saunter over to him and bite his arm, hand or leg. It weird cause it's not like and attack, she literally just sinks her teeth in really casually.  She will hold the bite for a few minutes and saunter off again.  She has never done this to me, generally when I give her affection she dribbles and with my 6 year old son she rubs her head under his arm purring as loud as she can. 

If she's on the bed with me she won't let me partner come near the bed.  She's not in a frenzied attack, but she taps him and growls.  But if it's just him and her they are literally spooning in bed.  He only seems to get minutes of affection before Pixie bites.  She had reiki the other week to help with her gut problem and bit the lady the same way, even though she was purring and dribbling, she still turned round to bite.

I find it really weird how casual she is when she does it.  She's calm and relaxed.

Anyone else experienced this

nurseangel

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Goodness, I don't know.  Our Daisy was a stray and disliked me and DH equally when we first adopted her.  She would sit on the back of the sofa and growl when either of us walked in the room.  I took the brunt of the biting, yet she warmed up to me much faster.  (Now she loves us both, and can't get enough of attention.)   I wonder if your cat just feels safer with you and your son than any other people.  

Your situation is puzzling.  I am sorry that I don't have an answer.  After many years and many cats, I still cant' figure out much about the way their minds work.  

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

notimetosleep

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I completed a feline behaviour and psychology diploma in the hope of finding out. Although I learnt a lot, she still has me baffled. My OH will just have to suck it up