Piper's Road Trip

PipersMom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
On Thursday, 11/15, we lost power due to an ice storm and it was out until Sunday (11/18) afternoon. On Saturday we had to make a decision about whether or not to leave early for my parent's house for Thanksgiving, which is a 10 hour drive away. We decided to go ahead and leave since at that point, we had no idea when the power would be back. Piper was on medication and since she's new to us and it was a holiday week, we couldn't find someone to take care of her. So, she came with us...

I had no idea how she was going to do. She has been fine in the car on short trips to the vet, but 10 hours is a long time with 2 noisy kids. I was warned by people who have had cats for years that she was going to totally freak out and I was completely insane for even considering bringing her. But, let me tell you... that little cat did amazing. Not only didn't she complain, but she slept most of the time and she was immediately comfortable at my parent's house as well. She was perfectly fine on the way home too. So, I guess it goes to show that they are all individuals. I don't know if she was someone's travel companion before she found me, but she is completely comfortable in a car for sure.

My phone camera doesn't work well, so I don't have many pics, but here are a few. :)