Pioneer Pet vs Drinkwell Water Fountain

fromthevalley

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I’m looking at both the pioneer pet teardrop and the drinkwell 360. The pioneer comes in either 60 oz or 96 oz while the drinkwell is a gallon. Both are stainless steel.

I’ve had a pioneer in the past, but not the teardrop. Has anyone had it, or the drinkwell? Thoughts?

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
I've got them all. :lol: A small and a large Pioneer in stainless steel, and a small ceramic Drinkwell. I can't say the cats have a preference--mine use all three of them. I don't find any difference in cleaning them, either, they're all about the same.

Twylasmom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I have the Pioneer Pet swan. The only drawback is that it is plastic, but I find it much easier to clean than my old Drinkwell 360 or ceramic fountain. Two pieces plus filters and dishwasher safe. It is also almost completely silent in comparison. Great for cats that like to drink out of faucets.

cheeser

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Our cats were too claustrophobic for the raindrop style, which is why we wound up going with the Pioneer Big Max. But they're both pretty big cats, and different strokes for different kitties, or something like that. :)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

fromthevalley

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I have the Pioneer Pet swan. The only drawback is that it is plastic, but I find it much easier to clean than my old Drinkwell 360 or ceramic fountain. Two pieces plus filters and dishwasher safe. It is also almost completely silent in comparison. Great for cats that like to drink out of faucets.
I saw that one too. And while I like the style and don’t mind using plastic sometimes, my one cat is allergic to plastic. If they make something similar with stainless steal I’d totally would get it.