Pilling videos in case someone needs advice

Mac and Cats

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hi! I had my husband take two videos of me pilling our two cats for a friend who just recently has to start pilling his cat and he and his cat are not great at it. I thought I would post this in case it helps anyone in the future. My apologies because I think I say a swear word at one point. Sorry! But I thought this might help someone in the future. For the record, the tuxedo cat is a very giant sassafras and I always said that I would probably die by her hand if I ever had to pill her. Thus, here we are, Pilling her twice a day. Hopefully this helps someone. It was not always this easy in the beginning, but I think once they learned they get a treat after and that it's over faster if they cooperate, they got better at it. It is always good to give a treat/food/water after you pill as the pill (and even liquid) can get caught in their throat and cause damage to their esophagus and cause them to not be able to eat. So, I highly recommend giving them a treat right after to be safe. We give ours the Hartz delectibles/Churu type treats. Video 1 and Video 2. In the second video, Orange (the white and orange cat) is the easiest cat I have ever had to pill, but sometimes he fights me. They're both good buddies regardless. :heartshape:Hope this helps someone!

mxphs

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hey Mac and Cats Mac and Cats ! I tried to watch your video but its coming up as 'private', i think you gotta go to your settings and make that public! But i've also just sucessfully been able to pill my cat, after a huge long mentally anguishing struggle.
They do learn its easier if they just co operate even if they tend not to in the first 2 or 3 minutes! Now he's good at it and knows its dinner time right after

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Mac and Cats

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hey Mac and Cats Mac and Cats ! I tried to watch your video but its coming up as 'private', i think you gotta go to your settings and make that public! But i've also just sucessfully been able to pill my cat, after a huge long mentally anguishing struggle.
They do learn its easier if they just co operate even if they tend not to in the first 2 or 3 minutes! Now he's good at it and knows its dinner time right after
Thank you! I just realized that myself! I think I just fixed it! Would you mind letting me know if it still doesn't work?

mxphs

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
all working now! Wow they're really quite calm, so lucky

Mac and Cats

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
all working now! Wow they're really quite calm, so lucky
I use to have to burrito wrap the tuxedo lady, but over time she has relaxed! She was not always this easy, trust me!!

PS. Thank you for letting me know it's working now!!

louisstools

1 cat with me, 1 in heaven
Alpha Cat
Purraise
interesting take on this! you're lucky your cat will do pill pockets! my girl won't even sniff them.

Mac and Cats

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
interesting take on this! you're lucky your cat will do pill pockets! my girl won't even sniff them.
Haha! They will not willingly eat them on their own. I only put them in a pill pocket so that it's easier for them to swallow and don't start to desolve in their throat/mouth. The tuxedo cat use to eat them on her own until I tried it with a gabapentin and she bit into it. Ever since then she won't eat solid treats.

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
Video is very helpful. Difference is I don't use treats. Though I would if she needed more than one pill. Squirt some tiki sticks or churu tubes and have her sitting up . Quickly close her mouth and wait for her to swallow. She now comes to my bathroom where I do it when it's time.