Pilling A Cat

RufusGizmo

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
seriously can anyone give any ideas about how to give my cat a pill? There is not a chance I can get it down the normal way, or with a pill popper. He knows when I hide it in food, and does not like the pill pockets. they are small little pills but he finds them in everything. I think he has to be on the medication for about three months (Buspirone) for some anxiety issues, and the only way I can get him to take his pill is hiding it in bit of beef stew. Anyone know of any other good foods that hide the smell. i've tried pork, shrimp, pill pockets, but nothing but beef stew tricks him.

krisrath11

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Can u crush it or is it time release? If u can crush it then it leaves more opportunity. One of my cats mama kitty is bad too and unfortunately has lots and lots of extra skin for some reason (unknown y as she was never fat I've had her since about 3 months old) and I have yet to find a good solution other than crushing. I just power through and have been munched several times but I always try and get liquid if possible.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

RufusGizmo

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
oh, yeah I've tried the liquid as well. tried crushing it too and putting in food. got that flavored liquid, and he wont go near anything with it on it. I have a feeling the beef stew will not work forever, and he'll figure that one out. I read on line that someone used imported prosciutto to wrap it in but that seems a little expensive

MeganLLB

Accidental Ailurophile
Top Cat
Purraise
You could try chicken flavored baby food.
Pill poppers always worked for me though.
Or you could try dissolving it in cat milk.

fiorya

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Too bad the pill pockets didn't work. They're my go-to.

I second the baby food.