Pile of kitties!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

catmanrob

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Good guesses everyone. There are indeed 7 cats in the first picture. In the second picture there are 8 cats on the chair, one on the book case, and one in the wooden box. Picture 2 is actually the last pic I have of Simba (the dark orange one), as he died a week after the pic was taken.

And unfortunately I no longer have the chair. It had to go. But the cats don't mind. It seems every other week they pick new spots. I have some other "pile" pictures that I'll post.

Originally Posted by BlueRexBear

There are 6 kitties in your siggy...have you added 3 more by chance?
I currently have 12. The sig you see has my six younger ones, ages 2-3, not including Nala (she's only 10 months old). My other sig has my 5 older ones, ages 4-13.

olivesmom

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
What a cute picture, and what fun it must be at your house to have 12 cats running around!

callista

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by OlivesMom

What a cute picture, and what fun it must be at your house to have 12 cats running around!
I can only think of how much work it must be to take care of them all! But I think it must be worth it just for the kitty piles. My apartment's only big enough for two, or I'm sure I'd have more.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

catmanrob

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Callista

I can only think of how much work it must be to take care of them all! But I think it must be worth it just for the kitty piles. My apartment's only big enough for two, or I'm sure I'd have more.
I honestly couldn't imagine having only 2. I think the last time I only had 2 cats was around 1980. I haven't had less than 6 since 1988. But, yes, taking care of 12 cats is definitely a lot of work. I go through a lot of food & litter. For the most part they all get along, but there are certain cats that get along better than others.

35 year catdad

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I almost had 5(this Calico had two sisters) that broke my heart to part with, but...I had to list my home for sale and with only 3 indoor only cats -it was a LOT of work! I would scoop up this crazy calico
and take her for many 3 hour electric car trips so strangers could traipse thru our home! arrrgh..
Big Martin hid in closet and my 18 yr old Tortie was a gracious hostess! People thought I only had ONE!! I want to have about 20 someday!! more is better with kitties! How will I afford the vet bills when they all get old? ummmmm maybe just have 5. Catman Gary in Fairfax Ca not far from Rob!