Piercing and Tattoos

kittyfoot

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Just had a thought...yes it does sting a bit
..for those who are contemplating a tat but can't decide. In our area at every fair,etc there are folks doing face painting for the kids. This is a special paint that washes off easily and is not irritating. Perhaps you could get the tat painted on,wear it for a day or so and see how you like it.

As for the belly-button thing being removed by pregnant women,I agree.
The kid might start playing with it during the night or might get hung up during delivery...like a bungee jumper. Out-In-Out-IN!!! Childbirth could take DAYS!!!!:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: Just Kidding about that ladies!!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

deb25

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My whole concern about the navel ring during pregnancy is the fact that somewhere along the way, you no longer have a navel, unless of course, I'm the exception to the rule.

swalker

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
It's true Deb25...

How does that work? Most ladies belly buttons pop out from
and innie to an outie. I would think you would have to take
the ring out.

All I know is Molly loves to bite mine and try to pull it out
Not a pleasant feeling!!

deb25

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I didn't even have an outie, more like a "flatie". It just looked like a scar or something. The navel ring would have been hanging on by a thread!

cassandra_starr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm with ya Deb25. I've never seen a pregnant woman with an "innie" belly button... well at least not when she was "showing" in her pregnancy! :LOL:

-Cassie

cleo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Cat said her post was meant to be a PM to Tigger, and I was wondering if you can send attachments and PM's in colors?
I'm asking this because my Options i.e. Browse button, font size, etc still don't work for some reason
and I'm jealous that I'm so limited!

If and when I get it fixed, can I send PM's in color and attach stuff?

Thanks,

Cleo

catarina77777

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Dear Cleo:angel2:

I think you may have misunderstood me, I made an error by addressing that posting to Donna when it was meant for Tigger, I wasn't going to pm her...however; I decided to pm you just now...you have a pm
so you can see the color I put in it as well as smilies....I can't put attachments on the pm's either...nor on the email...
but, I don't understand why you're not able to use your edit options...hmmmm??? Ya got me babe

Maybe you can ask Anne and you guys can figure it out...but I'm probably misunderstanding you now!

Love &,

donna

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yo Deb25,

I have absolutely no idea if my navel was an innie or an outtie cuz I COULDN'T SEE IT!!!!! Not only that but I never realized that I had stretch marks till Amy was born! I looked like a zebra!
That, added to my caesarian scar was a real picture. I told Amy I should've charged her rent for the womb :laughing:.
If I ever tried to cover all that stuff up with a tattoo, it would look like a billboard.

Donna

:daisy:

deb25

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Right there with you, Donna. I might as well tattoo a river scene because the natural contour of the area would add to the effect.

cleo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Cat, tried to pm you, but it isnt working now either!

Anyway, thanks for the response, sorry for the misunderstanding...no harm...no foul!

Cleo

(at least I still have my smilies!)

catarina77777

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I wonder what's going on with that!:confused3: hmmmmm??? Now I'm gonna be wrackin my brains out trying to figure out what the problem may be...

Good Luck hon! Keep the good attitude, it'll be fixed soon I'm sure of it...we'll figure it out...did ya ask Anne yet???

Later sweets :angel2:

cleo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The problem lies in my pc.. . not with the site...I think?

I'm having other problems too, like when I try to save anything (images to file) I get Error messages and it closes the program, and many times I have to reboot.
I think I may have to just save files I want to keep, and flush the whole thing and start over.

Thanks for the kind words

Cleo

catarina77777

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Yes, I do believe that is does and one of my questions is do have a good virus detector..??? Also, have you loaded any new programs up lately or new hardware? There might need to be some reconfiguring within the pc...there's a great utility you can get, I have it...let me see if I can send you the program... I need your email addy. If I can't well, I can burn a copy of it. Maybe that'll help.

Let me know

debby

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
How on EARTH did I miss this whole thread??????
I am glad everyone has resolved their differences, and made nice again!

Phillip!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HI and WELCOME!!!!!! (yes I was yelling there...:laughing: )
Catarina.....I am SO curious (you know that killed the cat, but...)
I want to see the picture that caused so much contraversy here, could you e-mail it to me?

lil' sis

rene

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Okay - I am bummed because I have to wait until September or October to get my tattoo (it is a money thing) so Michele and Donna - we can all go - if they will take all of us on the same day. Sandie and I don't need to bond as we are already bonded! As I am to both of you too!

catarina77777

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Dearest lil sis :angel2:

Of course, I'll send it right now...anymore requests? Just let me know

Love ya
:angel2:

illusion

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Well I am really late coming in on this one!

I had my ears pierced when I was 10. I had always wanted them done and envied all my pierced friends as a little girl. But when I had mine done, I was a huge wuss and cried

I had my eyebrow pierced in 1996, before it got really popular. I had a 16-guage (that is actually a small post diameter for those who may be thinking I had a huge one put in-- the larger the guage the skinnier the piercing) hoop-with-ball put in. Luckily the place was empty except for me, my mother, my sister, my then-boyfriend, and the piercing guy. I think my family wanted to come along because they had this sick fascination. I know my sister was about 12 at the time and she was just enthralled. Anyway, they guy was behind the chair getting everything ready, and he said something, so I turned to look, and I saw him holding the biggest needle
... I don't think I was meant to see that! When he stuck the needle in my eyebrow, my heart was beating so quickly, but it didn't hurt at all. I could feel blood just dripping down my face, though. He got the hoop in, and then took what seemed an eternity messing with getting the ball in place then clamping it shut. I thought i was fine, but when I went to stand up I got all dizzy :laughing2 (the same reaction I always get when having blood drawn) Anyway, I went and had a 40 of beer that night, and slept on the opposite side of my face!

I kept the ring in for about 7 months, but it never seemed like it healed up right. It also kept "dragging" or "drooping" down, so that I had a big slit where the original top part of the hole was. I finally took it out, meaning to put the hoop back in the next day, but by then part of the hole must have closed up and I couldn't get the hoop back in.

I've been meaning to have my eyebrow redone with a barbell instead of a hoop, but have yet to get around to doing it. It's been 4 years since I took my old piercing out, so we'll see if I ever actually do get re-pierced

deb25

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have no clue how they do all these piercings because mine are confined to the ears, which they do with that gun (although, I did see a tongue being done once).

Anyway, I had my ears first pierced when I was in 8th grade, long before the gun days. A friend of my mother's did it in her kitchen with ice for numbing and a huge needle. In those days (me <-- rocking in my chair), it was only customary for babies of Hispanic descent to have their ears pierced in infanthood. The mothers did it in this way. I distinctly remember her coming at me with the huge needle. The minute she was done with both ears, I promptly threw up all over her kitchen floor!

illusion

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I think the only places that use piercing guns these days are those jewelry and accessory stores and beauty salons. Thing with piercing guns is that they can't be sterilized very well, or something like that.

When doing body piercings they use hollow needles, with the end large enough to slip your jewelry inside so they can just do it in one fell swoop.

All I know is that the needle that was used on me was huge! Like 2 inches long or something.

deb25

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ich! I think the thing that got me at the time is that I heard my skin "pop" as she put the needle through, since it was right in my ear. Makes my skin crawl even now!