Picture of the Month: September 2022. 'Caught in the Act!'

Status
Not open for further replies.

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have numerous "caught in the act" moments for Austin. This picture is from a few days ago. Not the best picture, but he was in motion and I wanted to snap one quick before I stopped him. I didn't get Cricket in the picture, but she's sitting on the side egging him on like she always does when he's up to his "bad boy" stuff.
Austin.jpg

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
When people shudder about my cats being on tables and benches I remind them it’s their home, not the complainers’, and they require high places - and these are all they have.
It annoyed her but the girls do what they want and they always will. For years they had to eat on the kitchen table because if there food wasn't up high they would have starved and our old dog would have been the size of a Volkswagen. When I first got them, their food was on the floor and "they" cleaned their dishes out in no time. I figured they must be really hungry so I gave them more. Then I caught the dog hoovering up every drop and the dishes were moved. :lol:

catloverfromwayback

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It annoyed her but the girls do what they want and they always will. For years they had to eat on the kitchen table because if there food wasn't up high they would have starved and our old dog would have been the size of a Volkswagen. When I first got them, their food was on the floor and "they" cleaned their dishes out in no time. I figured they must be really hungry so I gave them more. Then I caught the dog hoovering up every drop and the dishes were moved. :lol:
I had to feed Maddie on the table so I could keep Phoebe out of her food - it was easier to guard it that way.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had to feed Maddie on the table so I could keep Phoebe out of her food - it was easier to guard it that way.
My last cat, Krista, I would feed her raw food on the kitchen counter. I figured if she was going to fling food (and she did), it would be better to clean up raw food off my coffee maker than search for it under the stove. 😹🤦‍♂️

catloverfromwayback

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My last cat, Krista, I would feed her raw food on the kitchen counter. I figured if she was going to fling food (and she did), it would be better to clean up raw food off my coffee maker than search for it under the stove. 😹🤦‍♂️
Krista was a power flinger! 😄 I have placemats on the floor for Phoebe and Daisy - since they’re on dry food it’s easy to put it back on their plates that way. Daisy sometimes sits on the kitchen bench to hint she wants wet food (not often, sadly - I don’t think she’s going to convert to an all-wet diet) so I call it Bench Food.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Krista was a power flinger! 😄 I have placemats on the floor for Phoebe and Daisy - since they’re on dry food it’s easy to put it back on their plates that way. Daisy sometimes sits on the kitchen bench to hint she wants wet food (not often, sadly - I don’t think she’s going to convert to an all-wet diet) so I call it Bench Food.
Krista was increasingly becoming toothless in her senior years (FORLs) until I found a dentist willing to proactively remove the rest ("Make this the last dentist appointment she'll ever need.") By that video, she was completely toothless. Starting with Krista and continuing with Betty (though it took awhile to convince her that it was okay), I definitely enjoy and prefer cats on the counters. But only the side that I prepare their food (and my coffee) on. The other counter has the stove and microwave and that one is off limits. Krista had a hard time with that distinction. But Betty is a pro. She came with her own house rules. She never comes into the kitchen on the ground. The only time she'll come into the kitchen is on the allowed counter. Such a smart and principled sweetie!
NOT AN ENTRY. Still picking ONE ☝🤦🏼‍♂️😹

Last edited:

Kokomo

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
This is Shadow. Shadow does not believe that rules apply to him. Stay off the table? Oh you mean for the other two. Don't eat the plant? Why is it here if not for me to eat it? I am a total sucker for his giant eyes and excuse his behavior due to his age.

P.S. This was a plant I just brought up from a clearance sale and which is now living in my bedroom so nobody can eat it and get sick.

1663558378447.png

Purr-fect

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Not an entry, picture quality is too poor.

This picture is especially significant to us. We had just brought Greg and Arnold home for the first time. We had them about a week but hardly saw them as they would hide during the day and only come out at night.

One day I saw the following when I came home........and I knew they had settled in. The cats didnt know us yet and I suppose they may have thought we would have been upset with their antics.....just the opposite, we were delighted!

At that time arold was 19 pounds....he is trying to hide behind the blinds:lol:

20150828_074514.jpg

20150828_074504.jpg

20150828_084142.jpg

tiggerwillow

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Not doubling up on entries but I did find this one of Tigger as well, I was terrified she was going to jump straight down from that height and mess her bad leg up again, it was when she was supposed to NOT be jumping around, as her leg was still healing, although the bandage was off by that point

Attachments

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Not a great pic, but here's Ruby "caught in the act". :lovecat2:
That's a small ornamental bird she's pawing, and can't usually get to..

ruby1.jpg

For reference, it was a windy day, so I put a chair against the door to keep it from blowing shut, and Ruby took advantage of the opportunity to investigate.

ruby2.jpg

tails up

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Meet Cloudy and Andrea. They have unrolled the roll of paper towels and made a giant mess on the counter and floor. Andrea is in mid slide in the pic and is the dark kitty. Cloudy is her white and orange partner in crime. The two stinkers can be found getting into mischief at any given time during the course of a day!! Wouldn’t trade these two rascals for anything!
9CC2C9DF-688E-4199-AE29-2C81EC3E04A7.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.