Picture of The Month Competition: June 2021 CAT NOTES..

Status
Not open for further replies.

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
:greenpaw: :geekcat: :bluepaw: :hellocat: :greenpaw: :geekcat: :bluepaw: :hellocat: :greenpaw: :geekcat::bluepaw:

We've all seen the 'shaming cats' memes.
We really don't want to go there, but thought
instead it would be a good idea for cats to

let us know what they're thinking via a note.

You probably won't have a photo ready for this one

(remember we don't allow photo-shopping)
but it should be a lot of fun.

(I've started us off with a rather grumpy Sundar.. see the post below this one)

Grab your camera, note paper, situation
and cat/s and sent us a photo of your

"Cat Notes"
(What your cat is trying to tell you)

***Submissions will be accepted for the next fourteen days***
We're giving everyone double time for this one. :thumbsup:

The winner will receive a rather wonderful TCS T-shirt!
Prizes may be shipped worldwide

:greenpaw: :geekcat: :bluepaw:

Our cats are ALL amazingly beautiful!
This friendly photo contest is about the way in which
the cat is captured in the picture.
We're not looking for professional photography, but do try to
keep things like image quality, lighting and composition in mind.

The Rules:

1. Choose the best picture you have for our monthly theme and post it to this thread. Please mention the cat's name!
  2. Image needs to be clear and not too small. 480 pixels high by 640 pixels wide minimum. Larger is better.
  3. One submission per member please
  4. No special effects, borders, graphics or text on the pictures.

Announcement - Photo Editing For Contests - What's Allowed, And What's Not
If your photo fails to comply with the above rules we may have to exclude it from the voting stage.

Good luck everyone!

:greenpaw:💗:bluepaw:

Last edited:

gilmargl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This is a real challenge! Start writing the notes and then find the cat with the appropriate expression. Very clever! :clapcat:
Looking forward to the contributions - I'll probably have to sit this one out. My black cats always have the same expression on their faces, getting a good photo is difficult anyway and expecting one of them to pose with a note will be nigh impossible! But, who knows?
Good luck to everybody! Have fun!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mani

Staff Member
Purraise
This is a real challenge! Start writing the notes and then find the cat with the appropriate expression. Very clever! :clapcat:
Looking forward to the contributions - I'll probably have to sit this one out. My black cats always have the same expression on their faces, getting a good photo is difficult anyway and expecting one of them to pose with a note will be nigh impossible! But, who knows?
Good luck to everybody! Have fun!
It doesn't have to be about their expression gilmargl gilmargl ... it can be their location etc. :)

Last edited:

bear

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Cat Notes: This is Forte. I captured her as a member of a feral litter at 7 weeks of age. All siblings and other litters were easily socialized and placed into inside only homes. Forte is a failed foster. She refuses to be touched. She is now over nine years old, and sadly for her and I my only cat. She has great house manners, a sweet disposition and won't normally strike, yet she will back away and run and hide for hours. I don't know what will happen if I need to take her to Vet or medicate her. She did get vax'd and spayed at 10 weeks of age. Forte is wired to be highly sensitive to sound, sudden movements and touch. She also needs a lot of alone time.

This image was extremely easy to set up. She is that predictable.
Touch_Me_Not_4x3_hi.jpg

Last edited:

mani

Staff Member
Purraise
Gawd...how do you do this with a cat that doesnt sit still for more than a minute...nail a sign to his butt and watch him zoom off into the distance..lol
Sounds like a plan :thumbsup:
Or get them when they're half asleep.. that's what I did. ;)

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Cat Notes: This is Forte. I captured her as a member of a feral litter at 7 weeks of age. All siblings and other litters were easily socialized and placed into inside only homes. Forte is a failed foster. She refuses to be touched. She is now over nine years old, and sadly for her and I my only cat. She has great house manners, a sweet disposition and won't normally strike, yet she will back away and run and hide for hours. I don't know what will happen if I need to take her to Vet or medicate her. She did get vax'd and spayed at 10 weeks of age. Forte is wired to be highly sensitive to sound, sudden movements and touch. She also needs a lot of alone time.

View attachment 384778
My Baby Su, 16, is only bonded to me. Born feral in the Mojave Desert and scooped up by me as a ferocious kitten. She does not like Elvis, 13, who joined us 4 years ago, and since he's very territorial and prey-driven, my furmily is limited to two at this time. But oh, how we love our ferals!

mani

Staff Member
Purraise
***********************************************************************************
PLEASE READ THE RULES FOR THIS PHOTO COMPETITION CAREFULLY!

There needs to be a note in the photo with your cat.. not photoshopped..

that says what your cat is thinking or wants to say.

We are removing entries that don't fit the rules of the competition,
so that there is no confusion.

Thanks everyone :)

**************************************************************************************

Xena44

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise

View attachment 384778
Did you survive the photo unscathed? 😂

Status
Not open for further replies.