Picky Sylvester

Spookyandsammy

Tilly’s hooman maid
Super Cat
Purraise
He eats his dry food but I bought the tastefulls and Sylvester seems to hate the salmon for some reason I hate waisting it what should I mix with it so he will eat it he loves the tuna

Krienze

Officially a cat lady now. No regrets.
Super Cat
Purraise
Be careful with the tuna.

We suspect that it's possible letting Jasper have as much as we did with his food might have caused his UTI issues. We haven't given him any fish flavors/tuna in awhile now and haven't had uti issues, so... I'm really unsure if that was the reason, or if it's just coincidence.

You could try mixing some bone broth in, as long as it doesn't have onion, maybe? And see if that'll help. Or top it with the dry food he likes?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Spookyandsammy

Tilly’s hooman maid
Super Cat
Purraise
Should i stop feeding him The blue Buffalo tasteful’s then he gets the tuna tasteful’s wet food but if it might cause him Utis then I won’t take the risk

Krienze

Officially a cat lady now. No regrets.
Super Cat
Purraise
Should i stop feeding him The blue Buffalo tasteful’s then he gets the tuna tasteful’s wet food but if it might cause him Utis then I won’t take the risk
I personally am not a fan of Blue Buffalo due to deaths and illnesses their brands have caused in dogs.
I also personally avoid tuna and other fish flavors now because of Jasper's UTI, but that could be totally different for your cat you know?

Does he eat the tastefuls? If he's been fine i'm sure, even if you decide to switch foods, that you could at least finish the case off.

moggiegirl

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Each cat is different. My cats get a variety of wet foods including fish and don’t get UTIs. The reason why I don’t like Blue Buffalo wet foods is because they refuse to take out the Carrageenan. Wellness respected customer concerns enough to remove Carrageenan. I don’t understand why Blue Buffalo and Merrick won’t. There are brands out there I would feed if it weren’t for carrageenan. That’s a thickener derived from seaweed suspected to eventually cause inflammation and cancer in cats. It’s in many canned foods.
If you want to try a grocery store brand without carrageenan try I and Love and You.

Spookyandsammy

Tilly’s hooman maid
Super Cat
Purraise
He now eats fancy feast is that ok to have him eat

Spookyandsammy

Tilly’s hooman maid
Super Cat
Purraise
I personally am not a fan of Blue Buffalo due to deaths and illnesses their brands have caused in dogs.
I also personally avoid tuna and other fish flavors now because of Jasper's UTI, but that could be totally different for your cat you know?

Does he eat the tastefuls? If he's been fine i'm sure, even if you decide to switch foods, that you could at least finish the case off.
He eats fancy feast

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Fancy Feast, the pates in particular, are a reasonably good food. They specifically only have guar gum in them for thickeners - probably the least 'suspect' of the thickeners.

Throwing in a canned food with Carrageenan once or twice week is probably not a big issue. It is a steady diet of it that would be more problematic, IMO.