Picky eater

Kurisunium

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I am feeding my cat thrice a day, normally around 100g per meal. And I think he is getting boreed with same food we serve to him daily. I am not sure if I have been introducing my cat too much food that he is becoming bored at his main foods. Do you have any solutions or suggestions?

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
Assume you feed him a variety of proteins. If it's only dry he gets,try mixing in some canned. That way he gets different textures and he will like the smell no fish. I mix in freeze dried with the canned. Depending on your budget, fancy feast classics or sheba perfect portions roasted chicken or Turkey. Check out the catfooddb.com and my favorite thread cat food deals.

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
K Kurisunium , what is your cat doing? Not eating at all, not eating the full amount, etc? We need to know more specifics, plus need to know what you are feeding, ie dry food, wet food? You did mention maybe he's getting bored with his MAIN foods? What does this mean? Are you feeding him more than one thing? Details please. Also, are you wondereing whether or not he may be ill?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Kurisunium

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
She eats everything I serve but she play with it first, I am thinking maybe she doesnt enjoy it anymore and starting to get bored.

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Well, you can try feeding a different food and see if you get a different reaction. Since we still don't know if you are feeding dry or wet food, if you are feeding wet food, it should be find to serve something different. If serving dry food already and you want to switch to a different dry food, you should do that slowly by mixing in the new food a little bit a time into the old food. If there are no digestive issues, then you can continue adding in more of the new food and subtracting out the old food (over the period of about a week) until finally you are serving just the new food.

As to how much you should be feeding, that all depends on your individual cat. Depends on their size, how active they are, etc. If they are currently not over or under weight, then you are feeding the right amount of calories. If you change foods, check for calorie content to see if it's around the same calorie content. If not, you may need to adjust.