Picky Cat

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Would a raw food diet help a cat that is picky and turns her nose up at most food offered to her? I only have served store bought cat food but was wondering if this would be more beneficial.

Beholder

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Possibly, though in my experience cats that are not used to raw food usually will do the opposite. It can be tricky to transition a cat to raw food that has never had it before.

What type of food are you feeding her now? Kibble or wet food? What flavors/consistencies does she seem to like? Some cats can be pretty picky when it comes to consistences in wet food and you just need to find the right type.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
At the moment she doesn’t like anything. She despises fish, turkey and chicken. She doesn’t like a lot of wet food or a lot of kibble. She did like the bacon and butter she stole off of me earlier but that isn’t good to give them all the time. I’m at wits end with her.

Beholder

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
At the moment she doesn’t like anything. She despises fish, turkey and chicken. She doesn’t like a lot of wet food or a lot of kibble. She did like the bacon and butter she stole off of me earlier but that isn’t good to give them all the time. I’m at wits end with her.
Is she one of those cats that will try a food once and like it and then never go back? Or does she just refuse everything? Has she had her teeth checked recently?

I mean you can always try out raw, I don't see any harm in trying. My kitten will hold out for raw over every other type of food, but he's also a kitten so...