Picking on the little one

CarmiesMom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hey guys I have an issue as some of you know over the summer my Adorabelle or Dory got very sick now that she's well again the vet wants to wait another 2 months before she gets spayed due to how sick she was and the time it took her to recover anyway she's the youngest only unspayed female in my home of 6 cats with one unuttered make and one neutered male the in neutered male is intact due to his own health issues and is kept away from Dora my issue is the other 4 will randomly attack or corner her especially the neutered male age 5 and second eldest female age 5 (litter mate of Neutered male) the eldest female age 7 will usually ignore Dora and the second youngest age 2 will occasionally try to play but will devolve into attacking dose anyone know how to get them to stop randomly beating her up should I see if the vet can spay her sooner would that help? Tired of seeing her hide behind a chair or sofa half the day and putting her in my bedroom. While I'm at work I don't like a potty box in my room.
Pictured with unnuteted male Mignon age 9 before she got sick before 1st heat.

Attachments

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
should I see if the vet can spay her sooner would that help?
Hi
It might, but be aware that then the cats who stay home may find her a stranger from smelling like the vet, so it's a bit of a catch-22. There is a method of putting small dabs of vanilla on every cat (back of the neck, on their backs at the base of the tail) so everyone smells the same, which could help for that.

Anyway, all that said, I would try and get an earlier spay, and do continue with separating her - if it helps for when it's in your room, you could put the litterbox on top of pee pads to help catch any litter.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I think a "asap" spay may well help, although it may not totally cure the issue. Whether the other cats are spayed and neutered or not, their instincts are intact, and they know very well when she's smelling "hormoney."

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

CarmiesMom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi
It might, but be aware that then the cats who stay home may find her a stranger from smelling like the vet, so it's a bit of a catch-22. There is a method of putting small dabs of vanilla on every cat (back of the neck, on their backs at the base of the tail) so everyone smells the same, which could help for that.

Anyway, all that said, I would try and get an earlier spay, and do continue with separating her - if it helps for when it's in your room, you could put the litterbox on top of pee pads to help catch any litter.
Thanks she and the twins the 5 y/o litter mates all have to go for a weigh in around the 10th so that they can get their proper flea meds as the twins weight has been fluctuating especially the female of the pair as she's been pigging out lately at meal times (vet talked about a diet last visit) and her brother has to be weighed due to issues with tape worms which are now gone 🤞 but he hasn't picked up yet. Anyway I'll talk to him about spaying her around that time instead of just a weigh in.