Picked Up Indoor Kitten After Petting Feral Cat.

Mim

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My indoor kitten is obsessed with an outside feral cat (he is maybe a year and a half old). I am taking the feral to the vet Monday to be fixed, cleaned up and taken care of. I already took in and adopted out a feral kitten that was with him now it is his turn to feel the love! I saw the feral cat has fleas and also ringworm (under his left armpit area). The last week or so the feral has wanted to be loved, he went from not looking at me to running to me. I started petting him yesterday when my indoor kitten bolted out the door. I had to pick her up and take her back inside. Sadly I picked her up with the hand I was petting the feral with. My question is if this is something that matters and do I even need to worry about it? I only gave him some head scratches. She has a vet appointment Tuesday so i can ask the vet as well, I'm just super picky about touching my pets after petting outside animals. I did wipe down the area I picked her up with. Sounds like a crazy question, but two of my cats passed away this year so it makes me extra careful with my indoor cats and the ferals I am rescuing.

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I wouldn't worry overly much about it, but definitely mentioned it to the Vet, especially since the feral has ringworm You might need to be proactive and treat your little buddy for it :sigh: