Photo update of Lucas

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

momto4kitties

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yay Lauren!! We did the right thing by giving our babies the TF!!! It is such a great feeling to see them get better. I received the Cilloidal silver today and I already put it in Lucas's ears, I hope they help him by killing yhe demodex, I'm so hopeful!! Feeling positive:-)

I have to take Lucas for a check up next Tuesday. They will be amazed at how well he is doing:-)

Hugs!!!

momto4kitties

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you! He is one happy guy! I have to go buy him some toys , a new scratcher and I need to do something so he can play more, like ahelves on the walls or something. He gets bored and starts screaming at me. I love him! Haha

momto4kitties

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you Laurie! He is absolutely wonderful, his personality is back! I feel like a  have that cute little kitten again.  And my God his hair is soo soft! Could it be the Transfer Factor? It is the only new thing I'm giving him, it is just amazing! He will take TF foreverrr!

Here is a pic of him today, he wanted to eat my ice cream,  i gave him a little bit...who can resist those eyes?

maewkaew

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
 I haven't been following this thread but I just have to say that Lucas is so beautiful.  I went back and looked at some of the earlier photos and wow, he looks so much better.  I'm so glad you found something to help him that is working so well. 

Looks like a Chocolate Tabby Point and White ?    and looks like maybe some fairly recent Siamese ancestry...         Whatever he is, he is just gorgeous and looks like such a sweet boy.   

krazy kat2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
AAWWWWW!!!!!! What a dear little face. I couldn't resist giving him s bite of my ice cream, either. You have done a wonderful job caring for him.

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh my goodness! Look at that sweet face, sooo cute!  I would be smooch'n him up all the time, like I do angel. I'm sure if Angel could talk, he'd say, in his little boy voice;

"Awww mom, stop, enough kisses already!!!"
  I just tell him it's his fault because he's so yummy!!!!

momto4kitties

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you ladies ! Yes Lucas seems to have some siamese in him, he looks exactly like his mom but I don't know who was the dad. And he is a Tabby, but his hair changes so much from timo to time.. Now I'm starting to see the lines in his body and his face is turning darker now.

He ia the sweetest boy:-)

I know what you mean Kelly, I think if Lucas could talk he would say the exact same thing, I can't help it!! They are too adorable!!

momto4kitties

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

catspaw66

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
His coat should turn darker as it gets colder outside. My Psy would get darker each winter, and if she spent a lot of time on the screened-in porch would get even darker.

momto4kitties

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He is getting a little darker now:-) I just love that cutie to pieces.

He is going to the vet tomorrow, for a routine check up.

callista

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It is okay not to take him outside, you know. My landlord is entirely too fond of spraying the grass with every pesticide known to man, and I don't like the idea of my cats chewing on said grass, so I don't take them out. I just provide plenty of things for them to do inside. They seem quite happy. They even get their hunting time in with the occasional bug or spider that unwisely wanders into the apartment.

momto4kitties

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, maybe it would be better if he didn't go outside, but he already tried it and he loves it. He goes with me with a harness. He enjoys it :-)

Thank you Kelly!! That first picture I took it minutes after my brother and I were able to catch him. He was sooo scared, but once I took him, all wrapped up in a towel, he just started purring, very loud, and he was so happy. There was no need to tame him, he was sweet even though he had never been held before. His mom had him and then one day just left him all alone. I remember seeing her there because that is the place where she had Fuzzy.

Update: I took him to the vet today for a routine visit and Lucas gained two pounds, he weights 10 lbs now! Yay! They agreed to let me continue buying the prednisolone there, but the vet told me he will like to try Atopica on Lucas. Lucas was on atopica years ago and didn't help, it made him vomit every day. But that was Atopica for dogs, now theres atopica for cats and the vet suggested I should give it to Lucas, I disagree. I don't want to continue experimenting with Lucas, tired of making him suffer. I prefer ti keep him the way he is right now for a while.

The vet also told me he wants to check Lucas' liver function once a year, just in case, because of the side effects of prednisolone.

But my baby looks good! I love himmm

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awesome update Tammy!
I agree with you, I wouldn't change things for a while....
By the way, how are his ears/demodex?

momto4kitties

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you Carolina! Oops I forgot to write about the demodex, I posted an update on facebook, but forgot to do it here.

He's been getting the cs for almost a week now, and they are looking better! It is really working! One if the ears look perfect, the other still has a little deep inside, but he is looking bettter ! Im soooooi suuuper happyyy!!! Can 't thank you all enough for all the help:-) I wish I could go hug you all :-)

I really like my vet because he is the only one who has really cared about Lucas. He is just worried about him taking the pred for do long, he wants whats best for Lucas. He also understands that the pred is helping and that is why he agreed to keep prescribing it. I told him (to make him feel better ) that my plan is to lower the prednisolone later on, once the Transfer Factor has made him stronger. I don't plan to do that anytime soon. But in the future, maybe...

Last edited:

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's wonderful news! I'm glad the CS is helping his ears. I agree w/ you, to not change anything until you have to. He is finally doing good. I'd leave well enough alone.

Angel is due for his rabies & distemper next month. I wish the law was different. I wouldn't get him any. Well, at least it got put off this year by 6 months because of the bouts of cystitis.

I have also been saving up for his teeth cleaning, & hope to get that done soon as well. I have to call & ask how much it is, sense I couldn't do it in Feb. when it's on special. 

Last edited:

momto4kitties

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you Kelly. The law doesn't require any vaccines here in PR, so I don't do it. All my cats were vaccinated once in their lives, except for Lucas, who sadly was vaccinated twice in his life and after the second vaccines he started getting sick :-(. I have always blamed the vaccines.

I have never taken my cats for a dental cleaning, I'm scared of taking Lucas for that because I know there are risks and he us so delicate. Do you think I should take him? Don't know what I should do....

catspaw66

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
If Lucas has no plaque build-up and no horrible breath, I would not take him for a cleaning. He is doing so well and looking so good, I wouldn't change the routine you are in.