Photo update of Lucas

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
YAY here too!...

So lovely to see Lucas looking so good..

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

momto4kitties

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you both, I will take a better pic of him later, he is looking very cute, I just want him to gain more weight.  He was on 7lbs for months and I don't know how much he has gained, but I know he has gained.

I will keep updating his progress:)

Hugs to all:)

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awww, Sweet gorgeous boy! 
  "I just want to snuggle him up & give him kisses!!!"    He does look skinny.  Hopefully with him feeling better, that will change soon! 

momto4kitties

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks! I sure hope he gains weight, he is eatig a lot now. He felt so sick the last months that he didn't feel like eating and he also vomited a lot.

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Last edited:

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
When I was on prednisone I definitely put on weight
...  I'm sure it will happen for Lucas..

momto4kitties

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh Yes, I know,  my LUcas gained a lot of weight when he started pred years ago, but when he got so sick and started scratching and all he got stresses and started loosing weight.  He was a 10-11 lb boy, now he is 7 .

momto4kitties

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Im soo angryyy! I went to the vet to buy more prednisolone and the vet only let me buy 10! She says 5mg is too big a dose for him. She wants me to bring Lucas there so they can see what other choices are good for Lucas. I told them ive trued everyting! Nothing eorks and Im tired of seeinf him sick.

This is insane. Om so upset!

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I agree, that is totally insane! My vet gave me prednisolone for over a year and a 1/2, no questions asked, for a cat with mouth cancer, it was the only thing that helped him. I had one of the secretaries question me once and I told her the poor old guy had enough problems, if this makes his last days better then I would help him, no matter what! You should have seen the miracle, he stopped drooling and actually jumped and played in the yard! Why do they want Lucas brought in? They should KNOW him by now and his problems. Why stress him out. It's not like you can sell it on the streets or something, I'd ask for another vet.

momto4kitties

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The problem is they are the only ones that have prednisolone, none if the other vets have it. They keep insisting that i have to wean hin off the pred, i guess they think i give it to him for fun. Ugh!!! I have to find a new vet.... Again

momto4kitties

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The main problem is that im taking him to a clinic where there are three vets working, so lucas is seen by the one they choose. Obe if them believes lucas needs the pred but the other two don't. I have to call agead next time to see when that vet in available.

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That is just ridiculous!!!!!   They should know his record by now, (& all of your notes w/ the experimenting)  & that he obviously needs it! 

momto4kitties

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It is completely and absolutely ridiculous, the vet that said that doesn't even know what she is doing!  She says 5mg is too much for Lucas's weight, but he weights 7.5lbs and I read that the dose of pred for cats is from 1mg to 3mg per pound, so he is ok with that dose.

I decided that I will take him back to the veterinary clinic next Wednesday, that day she is not in, I want the other vet (Dr. Frontera) to see LUcas and I will take all his records with me so they can understand he really needs  the pred.  I'm sure one of the other vets will understand and help us.  At least I hope so, if not Im in big trouble, I will have to find another vet who agrees with the treatment for LUcas. 

I've been soo angry about this! But I went and bought Lucas  a new scratcher and he is so happy he is sleeping in it.  HE  loves it;)

Here is a pic of the lil guy:)  He had lost the hair on his back when he started scratching again, but it is all growing back, whoo hoooo

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
He looks so much better, and the scratcher is obviously a hit! :vibes::vibes::vibes: that you can find a vet to agree to the right dosage of pred.

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aww, he looks so cute! He's just such a pretty color.  Here's an idea. Once you have a Rx, could you order it on line from one of the pet med sites? I know they will call to verify the Rx w/ the vet,

but I wonder once that is done, will you be able to continue ordering it from them?  I didn't know if the vet will say how much is allowed only?  
   "Someone on here will know." 

momto4kitties

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I will do that if i cant convince the vet that Lucas needs the pred. If i cant convince him I will have to go back to my old vet and have him make me a Rx, because he doesnt have prednisolone anymore. The only one who have it is my actual vet.