Petsmart App

corvidae

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I downloaded the petsmart app a while ago to make curbside order pickups easier during the pandemic, and I wanted to say it’s been unexpectedly helpful! The app has a simple game called Treat Trail, which I initially thought was just a cute little gimmick. However, if you play the game, you earn coupons corresponding to the points you collect! If it’s one of the places you shop for pet supplies already I would recommend getting the app (it’s free) and playing the game. The highest coupon is 25% which may not sound like much but makes a huge difference on the 68 dollar bag of Dr. Elsey’s dry!

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I downloaded the petsmart app a while ago to make curbside order pickups easier during the pandemic, and I wanted to say it’s been unexpectedly helpful! The app has a simple game called Treat Trail, which I initially thought was just a cute little gimmick. However, if you play the game, you earn coupons corresponding to the points you collect! If it’s one of the places you shop for pet supplies already I would recommend getting the app (it’s free) and playing the game. The highest coupon is 25% which may not sound like much but makes a huge difference on the 68 dollar bag of Dr. Elsey’s dry!
I've had it for a while too but it hasn't been helpful at all with curbside pickup. The first time I tried it, my order didn't show up at all despite the fact that I got the order confirmation email and then the email to come get it. If I look at the app now, it lists that order as an in store purchase. The second time, it saw the order but it was never brought out. I ended up having to go in.

I don't use the app much for that reason so I didn't know about the game. It's so cute. I got a coupon for 15% off one item so thanks for that. :hugs:

$68 for Dr. Elsey's dry? :jawdrop: Wow. That's a lot. The price has dropped here in the US but I don't think it was ever that high. I buy it most often with my Amazon subscribe and save. I just checked my orders and the last bag I bought from them cost $27.16 USD. When they don't have it, I get it from Chewy and they are usually around $30-$35 USD. Petsmart only sells the Dr. Elsey's litter here. Not the food. Pet lovers in Canada need to start nagging Chewy to expand and start selling there. I tweeted them and they said that they are thinking about it. You need Chewy. They are great.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

corvidae

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I've had it for a while too but it hasn't been helpful at all with curbside pickup. The first time I tried it, my order didn't show up at all despite the fact that I got the order confirmation email and then the email to come get it. If I look at the app now, it lists that order as an in store purchase. The second time, it saw the order but it was never brought out. I ended up having to go in.

I don't use the app much for that reason so I didn't know about the game. It's so cute. I got a coupon for 15% off one item so thanks for that. :hugs:

$68 for Dr. Elsey's dry? :jawdrop: Wow. That's a lot. The price has dropped here in the US but I don't think it was ever that high. I buy it most often with my Amazon subscribe and save. I just checked my orders and the last bag I bought from them cost $27.16 USD. When they don't have it, I get it from Chewy and they are usually around $30-$35 USD. Petsmart only sells the Dr. Elsey's litter here. Not the food. Pet lovers in Canada need to start nagging Chewy to expand and start selling there. I tweeted them and they said that they are thinking about it. You need Chewy. They are great.
Ugh, I'm sorry to hear you had such a frustrating curbside experience! It's been hit or miss for us, but not too bad considering how stressed I am betting all the employees are right now.
I'm glad you got a coupon! It's nice to have them to use on larger purchases like litter and food, where the smaller percentage still means more money saved!
We only have Dr. Elsey's dry through PetSmart around here, and that only started this year, where it's 68 dollars for 6.6lbs. I don't mind paying it because the quality is so good, but I would love to have access to Chewy like y'all in the States do! Right now we get our cat supplies from several different stores which can be kind of a pain, so it would be so lovely to be able to make big orders all in one spot with access to so many more foods! That's the other thing I notice as a member here, it seems like the US have much, much more variety in cat foods, especially mid-price/quality. Here it's basically either Fancy Feast (available everywhere, ~60 cents a can) or TikiCat, which is only at the fancy pet stores and is almost 4 dollars a can! I'm glad the Chewy rep you spoke to said they're considering it, that would be so excellent.

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That game on the app is very addictive. :lol:

Bobsk8

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I stopped going to Petsmart period. The main reason is that they have no provisions for cleaning their carts when you walk in the store. I see people without masks walking around. Toxic environment. ( Duluth GA store, BTW. ) I get everything on Chewy now.