Pets insurance

Allbarry2022

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi guys! My cat has been digging on her wounds on her neck. O don't know how it's started. All of a sudden we saw she was loosing hair on her neck. She has been scratching and licking it for few days. I don't have insurance for her to take her to a doctor. Can you guys recommend a good insurance?

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Pet insurance won't pay for the vet bill upfront. You have to pay the bill yourself and then submit the bill to the insurance company for reimbursement.

It might be better to see if you can get help from family, friends, etc now while you look into buying insurance for the future.

See if you can apply for Care Credit or help from one of these organizations: No Money For Vet Care? How To Find Help And Save Your Cat’s Life – TheCatSite Articles

You can also look to see if there are any low cost vet clinics in your area.

Your cat definitely needs to see a vet for the wounds and itching of the skin. An allergy to something is possible: food, environmental, fleas, etc.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Allbarry2022

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you so much! This really helps! I feel so bad for her! I keep putting a cream that I bought online but she keeps scratching the wound! Thank you!

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
The ointment (what brand?) won't help the wounds if the cat is constantly scratching at the skin. Wounds can get infected and antibiotics may be needed. I'd get the cat to the vet as soon as possible. Vets are booked weeks out these days so schedule an appointment now. You can always reschedule or cancel if needed.

A cone may help prevent the cat from scratching the wounds. Many cats don't like wearing a cone, hard plastic type or soft type, but it will allow the wounds to somewhat be left alone heal.

vansX2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Pet insurance won't pay for the vet bill upfront. You have to pay the bill yourself and then submit the bill to the insurance company for reimbursement.

It might be better to see if you can get help from family, friends, etc now while you look into buying insurance for the future.

See if you can apply for Care Credit or help from one of these organizations: No Money For Vet Care? How To Find Help And Save Your Cat’s Life – TheCatSite Articles

You can also look to see if there are any low cost vet clinics in your area.

Your cat definitely needs to see a vet for the wounds and itching of the skin. An allergy to something is possible: food, environmental, fleas, etc.
I previously has two pet insurance policies with "Petplan". it was a 80/20 plan. Cost me $200.00 per cat once a year. Other requirements were that both cats had to see a veterinarian once a year. And the policy would not cover the that routine vet visit. I had to pay the bill initially up front then seek reimbursement. The reimbursement paperwork was a nightmare IMO. I'm now interested in finding a better plan.

MeowHiss

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I have Trupanion and they've been really good with covering my cat's vet bills. But like most pet insurance, they don't cover preexisting conditions.

vansX2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi guys! My cat has been digging on her wounds on her neck. O don't know how it's started. All of a sudden we saw she was loosing hair on her neck. She has been scratching and licking it for few days. I don't have insurance for her to take her to a doctor. Can you guys recommend a good insurance?
I had been mulling over the past several weeks about Pet Insurance. After reading many offers from several companies I took the plunge today. I chose "Pets Best" I saw it receiving a score of 98% on a Pet Insurance review. I selected a $250. Deductible, with 90% Reimbursement and a Unlimited cap. I chose to pay the policy for a whole year over monthly. It was only a $11.61 savings. But I didn't want to be hassled with monthly payments.