Petition to save other kittens -

_little_ghosty_

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Dear all,

I would really appreciate if you could sign this petition. My little kitten Ghost, has heart failure. She is only 7 months old. I took her for her vaccinations a month ago. I was unable to go sooner due to being high risk of the virus and losing function in my arm due to MRSA.

When I took her to the vet, he came out 5 minutes later and said I’m really sorry but I think your kitten has only got 5 days to live. This was a month ago. I’ve taken her to the Royal Veterinary College. Where they confirmed my little Ghost has heart failure.

However, when I bought Ghost I actually choose a different cat. A long haired cat, who looks completely different to Ghost. But when I saw Ghost I instantly fell in love with her and even today knowing everything I know about her I wouldn’t change her as I am so thankful to her. She came to me for a reason. Although, I can’t help but think why did her owner swap the kittens over? Did he know? But regardless, she is my little girl and always will be.

I have been thinking a lot recently and I’ve started a petition called Ghosts law. I want it to be a law that ALL kittens are checked by a vet before sold. Many breeders with a licence take the kittens to be checked before they are sold. However, many slip through this. By saying I have less than three litres a year or I am not making a profit.

Under this law, the kittens will be checked along side their mother (of course for strays where the mum is not around, this does not apply) to ensure both the kitten and mum are well. If the mum shoes signs of illness, I want it to be law that she must be neutered and not be stressed by having another litter.

Having all kittens checked before they’re sold will allow potential owners time to start the journey for their kittens such as if a heart murmur is found.

I don’t know where this journey with the petition will take me. I might fail but I have to at least try to protect other kittens.

Petition: Ghost's Law - Kittens must be vaccinated and checked by vet before they’re sold

Last edited by a moderator:

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
I agree with you and am sorry about your Ghost. I tried to sign, but it says that you have to be a citizen of the UK.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
However, we have a good many members who do live in the UK. You might mention in the "What's on Your Mind" thread that you have a petition for UK members in the SOS thread, and link it there.