Petco pals rewards I need help.

mewlittle

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Okay i signed up for the pals rewards and i wanted to link it to my online account but i need my number and it says i will find the number on the receipt but my friend threw it away is the number on my rewards card? under the bar code

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
Try calling Petco. You're more likely to get the correct answer. I don't have an online account and never thought of linking a rewards card to it, so anything I could tell you would be purely a guess.

rosti

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Yes the number is under the bar code on your rewards card.

ritz

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Sometimes they can figure out your account number through the phone number or maybe your email address that you gave when you signed up for Pal Pal rewards.  Might also be in an email they sent you.  PetCo sends me an email and coupon when I've spent $100; on the email is my account number.

If you've orderd online from PetCo before, it *might* be on there.

p3 and the king

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The site isn't reliable for keeping up with rewards points.  What I do is go by the receipts.  If you spend $100, you get a coupon for $2-$3 off of the food or product you by the most of.  They add up quickly.  Once it processes your rewards card online, which after you sign up can be quite awhile... (It took mine several months actually) then it takes it a week or longer to catch up.  Just go by your receipts is my advice and about a week after you reach $100, you'll start getting nice coupons as your rewards.  Hope that helps.

minka

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The site isn't reliable for keeping up with rewards points.  What I do is go by the receipts.  If you spend $100, you get a coupon for $2-$3 off of the food or product you by the most of.  They add up quickly.  Once it processes your rewards card online, which after you sign up can be quite awhile... (It took mine several months actually) then it takes it a week or longer to catch up.  Just go by your receipts is my advice and about a week after you reach $100, you'll start getting nice coupons as your rewards.  Hope that helps.
Thats the old way of getting rewards. When they switched over you had the choice of staying on it or moving to the new kind, but if you make an account now, you get the new kind.
The new kind is a $5 coupon for every $100 spent; which I think is much more useful than the old way.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mewlittle

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just signed up for pals and used it once and i ordered from petco before bit with no pals linked I will call them the day before i order its just frustrating because i cant sign in to my petco account or inless i link a pals number and i dont want to link my friends pals

p3 and the king

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thats the old way of getting rewards. When they switched over you had the choice of staying on it or moving to the new kind, but if you make an account now, you get the new kind.
The new kind is a $5 coupon for every $100 spent; which I think is much more useful than the old way.
That's what I was saying... They split it up.  You may get a coupon for $2-$3 off the food you buy most or bought most recently... And you may get another coupon for another product like litter or whatever for the difference but it is not a coupon for $5 off your food or whatever you bought.  Not $5 off the one product.  Lets not get more confused.  The old way was you had to buy the food 10 times and you got a free purchase for the 11th. 

However, the site is still very backed up (even worse than before) on keeping up with rewards points so my point is to go by your receipts it'll be on there.  It takes about a little over a week after you reach $100 for the coupons to come in.  They are good coupons even if it isn't $5 off what you want the most.  It's split up.

minka

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's what I was saying... They split it up.  You may get a coupon for $2-$3 off the food you buy most or bought most recently... And you may get another coupon for another product like litter or whatever for the difference but it is not a coupon for $5 off your food or whatever you bought.  Not $5 off the one product.  Lets not get more confused.  The old way was you had to buy the food 10 times and you got a free purchase for the 11th. 
You don't have to explain to me how the new system works, I signed up for it when it came out and I literally used it the other day...
Quoted from my receipt: "As a Pals Rewards member, you earn 5% back on everything you buy.*" and then following the asterisk to the website: "Receive 5 Reward Dollars for every $100 spent".
That $5 can be used on Anything in the store. It's not related to one singular pet food like it was in the past. This is the new system that all new members are put on.

p3 and the king

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You don't have to explain to me how the new system works, I signed up for it when it came out and I literally used it the other day...
Quoted from my receipt: "As a Pals Rewards member, you earn 5% back on everything you buy.*" and then following the asterisk to the website: "Receive 5 Reward Dollars for every $100 spent".
That $5 can be used on Anything in the store. It's not related to one singular pet food like it was in the past. This is the new system that all new members are put on.
I wasn't being rude but you are being confusing and leading to believe that people get $5 in cash back for anything in the store... This is not true.  I am sorry to break it to you.  I just got my latest coupons 2 days ago so I know it hasn't changed on that.  It's for $3 off food and another for $2 off litter.  But, not for anything in the store... Just  the brands specified.  You can get any type in the brands specified but not just anything in the store.  Once in awhile, I get 30% off coupons for anything in the store (they offer more variety but it has to be something within the multiple brands specified, as well.) but that is not their 5% off program... That's after spending about $300 or more.  And it's maybe every other month, sometimes longer.

Her point is that she can't figure out how to view her points or link it.  I've never been able to use my coupons online either.  Some of you can but mostly it is instore coupons. 

smitten4kittens

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I get a $5 off coupon for every $100 Dollars I spend. It can be used on anything in the store. I use it for whatever I want.

minka

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I wasn't being rude but you are being confusing and leading to believe that people get $5 in cash back for anything in the store... This is not true.  I am sorry to break it to you.  I just got my latest coupons 2 days ago so I know it hasn't changed on that.  It's for $3 off food and another for $2 off litter.  But, not for anything in the store... Just  the brands specified.  You can get any type in the brands specified but not just anything in the store.  Once in awhile, I get 30% off coupons for anything in the store (they offer more variety but it has to be something within the multiple brands specified, as well.) but that is not their 5% off program... That's after spending about $300 or more.  And it's maybe every other month, sometimes longer.

Her point is that she can't figure out how to view her points or link it.  I've never been able to use my coupons online either.  Some of you can but mostly it is instore coupons. 
I am not being confusing at all. What I speak is the truth.
EVERY time I buy ANYTHING in the store, at the bottom of my receipt it says "Before today's purchase, you had a balance of $____ towards earning your next rewards dollars."
Next time I go back, my new receipt will have EVERYTHING I purchased added to that. Then when I reach $100 I get a $5 coupon. I have used these coupons multiple times.
What you are using is the old system. Look it up, it's on the website: http://www.petco.com/petco_Page_PC_palsrewardshome.aspx
5% on *everything* you buy, right there.

I get a $5 off coupon for every $100 Dollars I spend. It can be used on anything in the store. I use it for whatever I want.
Thank you.

Last edited:

mewlittle

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I can't sign into my petco account or inless i link a pals card and wen i tried to link mine it said my account didn't exist and my pals number is one number off from my friends card me and her got ares the same day

smitten4kittens

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think it might say your account doesn't exist because it takes a little while for them to catch up. Did you just get your pals reward card recently? You might be able to link it up after a couple more days.

mewlittle

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think it might say your account doesn't exist because it takes a little while for them to catch up. Did you just get your pals reward card recently? You might be able to link it up after a couple more days.
I got it dec 5th it if don't link by jan 5th i'm calling them

kato severino

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
your exactly right.  5$ towards your next purchase at petco each time you spend 100$.  Very straight forward and applies to anything in the store.  "P3 and The King" must be thinking of the old rules, as the new reward system is clearly stated at petco.com as well as at the store.  The pals rewards can expire though(99.9% positive), so you have to be aware of the dates.  As far as linking two accounts to one pals reward ID, I was able to do it online by providing the phone number that was linked to my in store pals rewards.  Its possible I provided more information like my last name or looked up the number through some feature on their website, but I know I was able to do it without finding a paper receipt because I just linked mine recently as well.  Pretty sure I was able to do it with just the phone number from the original account.  I am however positive that the rule is spend 100$ and get 5%(5$) store credit.  

mewlittle

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
yep the number was under the bar code on my card and I finally got to link the petco account with my pals rewards card thanks everybody

tightlacedboots

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Forgive me if I shouldn't post to a thread that is months old but it is about Pals Rewards. Do you know how many days to reflect your current point balance on the site? I am assuming 30 business days after a purchase (as it sounds similar to another program I am in), but I could not find that in the FAQs. I just signed up today and made some purchases. Thanks.