Pet safe leather couch cleaners/conditioners

Maisie

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello all. Anyone have any recommendations for things you have used? There are a couple products we have used in the past but the containers don't specifically say "pet safe" and one says "keep out of reach of pets". (One of them is Armorall leather protectant made for car seats, one is Zep brand.) It makes me nervous to use something like that since my cat likes to sit on the couch, even though my mom says it would probably be safe after it dries. I'm unsure, maybe it would be fine, but I'd feel better knowing there's no chance of hurting my cat. Any thoughts or suggestions would be very appreciated :)

Meowmee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hello all. Anyone have any recommendations for things you have used? There are a couple products we have used in the past but the containers don't specifically say "pet safe" and one says "keep out of reach of pets". (One of them is Armorall leather protectant made for car seats, one is Zep brand.) It makes me nervous to use something like that since my cat likes to sit on the couch, even though my mom says it would probably be safe after it dries. I'm unsure, maybe it would be fine, but I'd feel better knowing there's no chance of hurting my cat. Any thoughts or suggestions would be very appreciated :)
You can just wipe it with a wet paper towel with water. That is what I do.

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi. Ever consider a mild soap and water? Because water (with or without soap) can dry out leather, you could use a tiny bit of olive oil to massage into the leather afterward and wipe any residue off with a clean cloth to finish the job.

PushPurrCatPaws

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would just use beeswax as a leather conditioner. It works well on leather, and is not supposed to be toxic to cats. Rub it into the leather; let sit for a while; then buff it off with a clean, soft towel.