Pet Peeves #37125

kaleetha

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by katachtig

Rigel - you do a wonderful job. 100 times better than my spanish (
let's see uno, dos, tres - that's about it). The people who drive us nuts are the ones who supposedly went through our school system.

My typical grammar pet peeves are (there, their, they're) (it's vs its).
Yep and the your versus you're, further, farther, less versus fewer (they have this at Albertsons ... errg, who and whom... you get to learn all these things as a copy-editor trainee.... the grammer mistakes used to drive us wild!

Any no one should even mention MY spanish....

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I hate it when people use commas in place of periods.

I went to the store,,,!!!! There a really smart sweet guy I know on another site that constantly does thing. He will write

Gabby's will be racing tonight.,,,,

A period is sufficent!!

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i guess this is why none of you read my posts fullstop commar yes thts itttt
mistypo

am i annoying you yet!.....

No actually i always realise other peoples mistakes but never my own... why? because i never re read what i post

jugen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
For all you grammar freaks, how about having to put up with people who were raised with saying warshed instead of washed? Or birfday instead of birthday?
Or even I'm gunna instead of I'm going to? it's heck here I tell ya! and they hate me when I correct them or repeat them and make it sound as funny as it sounds to me.
I even am notorious for correcting peoples emails and sending them back. Maybe that's why I have no friends??

My other pet peave is lying. I hate people who do it and I absolutely won't do it myself or for anyone. Nothing is worth lying for IMO.

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I hate it when I'm serving a customer and they are on their phone. I say VERY loudly that will be $15.00 thanks as if to specially interrupt them!

commonoddity042

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by WellingtonCats

I hate it when I'm serving a customer and they are on their phone. I say VERY loudly that will be $15.00 thanks as if to specially interrupt them!
That IS very rude. Not sure what I would do if someone came to pay for something and spent the whole time jawing on a celphone.