Pet Cube Play Cam- Is It Worth It?

CAtman85

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I am considering buying one but the price tag is turning me off. For those who have it, did you and your cat benefit from it?

The feature that I like the most (besides obviously the camera) is that you can schedule the laser play. In theory, this would keep my cat's boredom at bay when I'm at work or at night TRYING to sleep :)

Thanks!

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
I got one of these so that I could watch Charlie when I was away, and I was NOT in any way pleased with it. I spent the whole morning trying to attach the Petcube Play to my mobile device with no luck. The instructions that came with it even referred pressing a button that didn't exist on the Petcube. Really an expensive doorstop. Maybe others had a more positive experience with it.

I'd reccommend getting some catnip mice, ping pong balls, and other independent play cat toys to keep your cat amused while you're away or asleep.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

CAtman85

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thanks for the input ayeb. MP gets easily bored with his pingpong balls and mices, so i try to rotate it. But when it comes to laser pointers, he goes nuts over it!!

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
Thanks for the input ayeb. MP gets easily bored with his pingpong balls and mices, so i try to rotate it. But when it comes to laser pointers, he goes nuts over it!!
I've heard of some other automatic play laser toys, but I don't know how well they work.

IndyJones

Adopt don't shop.
Top Cat
Purraise
My Indy hisses at these things and behaves aggressively towards them. I think they freak her out because they aren't operated by a person. Kabby just ignores it he just gives it a sneer and walks away

CAtman85

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I've heard of some other automatic play laser toys, but I don't know how well they work.
I've seen them and they shut off after 15mins. Good reviews on amazon though.

CAtman85

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My Indy hisses at these things and behaves aggressively towards them. I think they freak her out because they aren't operated by a person. Kabby just ignores it he just gives it a sneer and walks away

Our furry friends definitely can be stubborn lol! Mine shows signs of being a millenial, doesn't show fear in front of gadgets! Lol!

IndyJones

Adopt don't shop.
Top Cat
Purraise
Indy is just over a year old actually. Of course being a teenager, she does have mood swings and tantrums. I've found she absolutely loves a plan old empty cardboard box.

She was born to a feral mom so maybe she's just still a bit jungle baby.