Perplexing behavior not seen before by me

sophiec

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My youngest cat Deuce has started doing something over the past several months that we find curious. He will play with my mom's cat or one of my other cats (male only) and he constantly tries to put his butt on them. He'll turn and sit on them...anywhere....side, face, back, etc. He will attempt this several times during the play session. Does this mean something?!

zendora

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I had quite a laugh when I read this. As a dog trainer, I see this all the time and its generally a playful domination routine. It probably doesn't translate the same way for cats, but its definitely sparked my interest enough to look into. I had never heard of a cat inflicting the "I'm the King of YOU" move onto a playmate before!

gothy

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I've never seen a cat do it to another, but they certainly use their bottoms to assert who's in charge.
A neighbour of my boyfriend had a cat that one day decided he'd had enough of the neighbour's son. The cat ran up and squarely plonked his butt in the kid's cereal one morning. He sat there as if to say, "Eat that!"