Perplexed Why My Cats Are Always Shaking Their Heads

desktop

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
A couple days ago I took my cats to the vets to get them some Depo shots and a resupply of Revolution. The Depo was for scabs and their itching which the vet said was seasonal allergies. He checked my cats teeth and ears and said they were good, but both my cats still shake their heads a lot. Especially my boy Butch, he does it more then his sister.

I'm perplexed as to why they do this, since the ears show no sign of mites. If anyone has any experience with this or maybe could offer some suggestions I'd appreciate it.

Thanks.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi! They aren't scratching their ears?
I think I'd talk with the vet again. Hang in there!

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
If they are scratching and shaking their heads, they could have ear infections, although it would be odd for both of them to have them at the same time. AND, it's possible for an ear infection to be deep enough inside their ears that they really aren't visible with those little instruments the Vets use when they look in their ears. VERY unusual though, when that happens, and would be extremely unusual, as I said, for two cats to have that happen at the same time.

Bill E

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I know this thread is old but did you ever find out what was going on with this? Both my cats are shaking their heads, the vet says she doesn't see any signs of infection or mites either. Just wondering if you ever got it figured out

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
B Bill E - the OP hasn't been active since October 2018, so not optimistic they will respond. Does this have anything to do with your cat, Yogi, that you have posted about on this thread: (Advice please, cat having issues for the past 3 months)? If it is entirely separate issue, start a thread of your own about this issue so that it gets better attention.