Perineal Hernia

adrianne259

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hello all!
My kitty was just diagnosed with a perineal hernia and issues similar to megacolon - they are not sure which came first, but her colon definitely fills up with too much stool that she isn't able to pass, so it's not clear whether this happens because of the hernia, or if megacolon caused the hernia.
I read up a lot about megacolon but I haven't found much of people's experiences with this - is it because it "naturally" goes with megacolon, maybe? Anyway, she is getting daily lactulose doses and the vet recommended the Bezo paste for passing hairballs (Buy Vetoquinol Bezo-Pet 120g Paste at FeedMyAnimal.) and there is a possibility that a surgery will be needed.
As usual, I'm wondering if there is any useful info someone can give me :)
Thank you!

catlover73

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I do not have experience with either of these issues but I am going to link a thread from another member that has been dealing with this issue for a while. Perhaps there are somethings mentioned there that would be helpful to you.

Artie and his Issues

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

adrianne259

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thank you so much. I'm still quite rattled over everything that's been going on, so I'm unable to read about Artie without tearing up, but I will definitely go through the tread. :heartshape:

catlover73

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When I posted that link I was not trying to make you sad. I am tearing up to about Artie. There was some things mentioned there that may be helpful to you still.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

adrianne259

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Oh, no, I definitely know that, I didn't mean to say you did it on purpose it just sounds so familiar, one thing after the other... Anyway, thank you so much for sharing the tread, I truly appreciate it