Perhaps An "embedding" Glitch.....?

white shadow

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just to let the TCS Tech folks know, there may be a glitch in the software.........

I came across a 'sweet' story with a video on the CBS News site and attempted to embed the video...only to get the error message "The specified URL cannot be embedded as media".......despite the statement on the embedding window which reads: "You may embed media from the following sites...CBS News Video".

Here's the story: Purr-adise: Hawaii's cat sanctuary

Here's the CBS "embed" link: <iframe src="https://www.cbsnews.com/video/island-hopping-the-lanai-cat-sanctuary/" id="cbsNewsVideo" frameborder="0" width="620" height="349"></iframe>

Now, I'm no tech geek, so just thought I'd let you know.

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
My guess is that they changed their embedding code a little which prevents the system here from operating the VB codes required to play the video.

Just to clarify - the embed code which they supply is not supposed to work. The editor here does not accept raw html. What should be happening is that the system needs to see a simple link to the video page and convert that into an embedded page. Just like it does with YouTube.

Typing in this:
upload_2018-9-19_11-55-33.png

And not Youtubes full embed codes, results in this -

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

white shadow

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you for acknowledging my report.

As I said
I'm no tech geek, so just thought I'd let you know..

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Yay! Thank you, smahmud smahmud !

We just updated the embed codes so this is working fine now. Just make sure that you use the link to the video - not to the page and not the iframe embed code.

Attachments

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

white shadow

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you, smahmud