perfume mishap

kat003

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My cat got into some perfume... just in a few places on her fur. I have checked the ingredients and it has some bergamot in it, which I've read is poisonous to cats. Do I need to bathe her? and if so what do I use. She may have ingested some because she licks herself often.

Alex_ayye

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I’ve had this happen before, but mine had tea tree oil in it. It scared me so much. I I bathed my boy with warm water and a washcloth and a small amount of soap (so that I didn’t have to put him in a lot of water). He handled it well and he had no adverse reaction to it. Just keep an eye on your baby and if anything changes, contact your vet. Hugs and prayers. 💗

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kat003

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I’ve had this happen before, but mine had tea tree oil in it. It scared me so much. I I bathed my boy with warm water and a washcloth and a small amount of soap (so that I didn’t have to put him in a lot of water). He handled it well and he had no adverse reaction to it. Just keep an eye on your baby and if anything changes, contact your vet. Hugs and prayers. 💗
Thank you, I am not able to give her a bath right now, but I did wipe her off the best I could.