People Who Move And Leave Their Pets Behind Are The Worst. Here's A Sweet Kitty Who Was Abandoned

I_Wuv_Kitties

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
His profile image on the website pretty much sums up how he feels.

baltimoreanimalshelter.org/adopt/adoptable-cats

He's a 3 year old kitty who was adopted from the shelter in early 2015 as a few month old kitten. He was recently dropped off 2.5 years later. His family is moving and isn't bringing him along. He's been so sad and lonely, my heart breaks for him!

mightyboosh

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just don't understand how anyone can dump a cat (or any animal) that may have been with them for years.
Being left at a shelter is better than being left in a box on the side of a road but still not good.
I've obtained Oliver and Num Num from people who's circumstances have changed but they were loving owners and vetted me. They also charged enough for them to deter the wrong sort of adopter.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Awww... poor baby. At least they took him back to the shelter and didn't leave him in a locked apartment, or dump him in the country. And who knows why they were moving and why they couldn't take him with them. Maybe it broke their hearts leaving him behind.

I'll admit, when I adopted Ruby, it was comforting to see that she would be accepted back at the shelter if for some reason I was no longer able to keep her. It makes me worry just a little bit less about what would happen to her if I couldn't keep her anymore.