People who live alone: how do you trim your cat’s nails?

danteshuman

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
For the catnip or silvervine : if it works on your cat, great! I give them 15-30 minutes to get their playful zoomies over with and wait until they are quiet with giant pupils/stoned. 🤣 they even sell catnip & ground silvervine which I have never tried on Jackie (though he got silvervine sticks while teething.)

For a kitty that has not had regular nail trimmings in months I would call your vet and ask for help. They can trim your cats nails or recommend a good groomer. Given this pandemic you may need to just keep a thick blanket between you & your kitty’s claws! If you do trim your cat’s nails I would do just the tiniest tip. You. Can always trim them again in a couple of weeks. Bright light helps you see the quick.

kittenmittens84

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I stick the clippers in my pocket and then wait for him to fall asleep next to me on the couch in the evening, then I clip as many claws as I can before he fully wakes up. I can usually get them all done in two naps besides the dewclaws, for those I give him a treat and do it while he’s eating.