Penny

Rford5079

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
34F3372A-B787-47AE-8E3F-A6EE4907F3E4.jpeg

This was Penny and she was my baby. I’ve never heard of FIP until she got sick and less then four days after taking her to the vet it was time to say goodbye. Everyday I miss her. She was my best friend and my baby. Everytime I came home she would greet me at the door. Penny always followed me around to supervise whatever it was I was doing around the house.

She had the wet form and I understand nothing could have saved her. She was 10 months old when she passed away. It wasn’t enough time I had with her. Penny made me so happy. I’m thankful that I was allowed to have her in my life but I’m angry I only got her for a short time. I miss her so much and my home just isn’t the same. I’ll always love this little girl.

Plumeria

Leroy's Mommy
Adult Cat
Purraise
Penny is a beautiful cat and she will always be your baby. She is still with you in spirit and physically too if you choose/chose to get her ashes back. 10 months is too young to go, and it hurts to hear when cats go so young. But I can tell you two had a special bond and Penny was very much loved. A lot of cats never get to experience love and affection, so she was lucky you found her. Adjusting to the “new” normal without Penny will be painful, but hang in there, in time you will slowly but surely regain your strength.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Penny is a beautiful little girl, and always will be. Of course it is perfectly normal to be angry she was taken from you so soon, no one should have to go through this. I will never understand why bad things happen to good people, but this was something you had absolutely no control over.
You loved her and gave her a wonderful home, that is all she ever wanted. You built a bond in this time that can never be broken, death cannot take that which never dies. She will always be near, as near as your thoughts and prayers. This is something that will change your life forever, you work through something traumatic like this, you don't get over it.
In the meantime, send her thoughts of comfort and joy, she needs that right now too, because she knows your sadness, it is the same as hers.
Surround yourself with those who understand, my heart goes out to you, I know too well what this is like. I'll pray for you both, take care of yourself.....RIP precious Penny, you were taken much too soon and will be forever missed. May the good Lord bless and keep you, until you meet again!

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Rest you gentle, Penny, dream you deep. Your pawprints are on someone's heart forever.

I am so, so sorry. How lucky you were to have this beautiful girl, for however short a time it was. And how lucky she was to have had you. Love never dies, you know. It changes form and continues on, still Love. It abides. She is with you still.

FIP is a filthy, horrible viscious disease. It takes them so young, and so quickly. Someday, somehow, I pray that FIP will be no more. We have lost TOO MANY cats here to it.

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What a gorgeous girl. I literally said "wow" out loud when I saw her pic!!
We don't say good-bye here, we say "see you later"...JMO...

That hurt is so raw that sometimes we experience it and the pain feels more physical than anything else. I've felt it, people here have felt it and people all over the world have felt it but it does lessen and it does get better, and that pain and those tears are replaced by fond memories and smiles. I know it sounds like that's impossible now, but it's not. It just takes time. :grouphug:

FWIW, if I were a cat, I'd rather be loved and adored and be someones special best friend for 10 months vs. being ignored, treated like "just a cat" for 10 years.
I am always SO HAPPY to see longevity in our pets and animals, but if this does not happen, I realize that their lack of longevity doesn't override their amazing quality of the time they had with us. I know this sounds like fortune cookie "I'm saying this to make you feel better" stuff, but it's really not, and once the pain wears off, I hope you'll be able to think about this and say "Yes, her quality of life was amazing and better than 90% of cats in the world get."

:angelcat: Our loss is Heaven's gain.

les26

Sylvester's daddy
Top Cat
Purraise
Sometimes I just can't fathom why things like this happen, such a gorgeous cat and to only live for 10 months is just horrible, I am so so sorry that you lost your little friend. But she had a wonderful life with you, way way way too short but when she was here she had a wonderful life, and she is just fine now, no more sickness it is you who is hurting and will for awhile, but we are here to help you, please visit and talk anytime, she is very much still with you in spirit.

"Their last breath on Earth is their first breath in Heaven" :rbheart:

I am so so sorry for the loss of your little one, I hope your heart heals a bit more each day, God Bless......:alright: :grouphug: :rbheart:

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sometimes I just can't fathom why things like this happen, such a gorgeous cat and to only live for 10 months is just horrible, I am so so sorry that you lost your little friend. But she had a wonderful life with you, way way way too short but when she was here she had a wonderful life, and she is just fine now, no more sickness it is you who is hurting and will for awhile, but we are here to help you, please visit and talk anytime, she is very much still with you in spirit.

"Their last breath on Earth is their first breath in Heaven" :rbheart:

I am so so sorry for the loss of your little one, I hope your heart heals a bit more each day, God Bless......:alright: :grouphug: :rbheart:
"Their last breath on Earth is their first breath in Heaven" is my all time favorite TCS quote. I've shared it with so many people who have lost loved ones and lost pets and always get a bit of a teary eyed response because it's true. Why wouldn't it be? =)

In my lifetime I've had cats live to 22 and die natural deaths in their sleep, and have lost them as young as 8 weeks (two, from hydrocephalus, a condition I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy. One kitten was euthanized, one died in his sleep.)
We lost a 6 month old to a weird, rare condition because his penile structure was so messed up he suffered many urinary blockages in his short life. He was euthanized and as he took his last breath, he was purring up a storm and kneading our arms. He knew love.
Another lost at 2 to cancer. He was full of cancer and as he was euthanized we were there to tell him all was well and we'd be there to meet him some day..
Another lost at 18 months to a blood disease. I prayed God would take care of this cat, as he was my special baby.
Another lost at 5 from heart failure. He died on the way to the vets after an acute attack from panic from a plastic bag caught around his neck that took his life. I was 5 or 6, and remember my parents crying as he was yowling, drooling in distress, crammed in the corner.
He was so protected due to his heart condition that we kids were strictly forbidden to bother him if he was in a bed or his favorite place resting. Breaking this rule was never even discussed...our parents very tone showed us they meant it and we did not bother this cat. He was the most regal, stately creature I've ever met in all my years.
Several feral friends hit on the road. We lost 3 in a single week after a relative (to them) cat delivered kittens. I honestly believe they were out hunting food for her to bring back to the nest and met their end this way. (Guilt? I got it.)

The point is...
They were all loved. Loved so greatly, from the barely handled feral to the youngest I held in my arms during the euthanasia to the ones that lived a good 20+ years and died in their sleep. They knew love, and thanks to them *I* know love and am not afraid to show it.
They are amazing teachers.
When you're emotionally able, take time to think about Penny's life. Surely she taught you stuff. Even if it hurts, jot down every memory you can, because in a year, 5 years, 10 years...you'll be glad you did.
Hugs, friend. We know what this is like...and it sucks. It just sucks. But some day it will suck a little less and you'll speak of her and think of her and smile and laugh a bit. Trust me on this =)

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Penny, sweetie, baby girl. Your time here was too short, and yet look at the love you poured out into your world. You conducted your feline life as well as any cat could.

RIP darling girl. We didn't have the chance to meet you til now, and we love you and miss you as well.

les26

Sylvester's daddy
Top Cat
Purraise
The point is...
They were all loved. Loved so greatly, from the barely handled feral to the youngest I held in my arms during the euthanasia to the ones that lived a good 20+ years and died in their sleep. They knew love, and thanks to them *I* know love and am not afraid to show it.
They are amazing teachers.
When you're emotionally able, take time to think about Penny's life. Surely she taught you stuff. Even if it hurts, jot down every memory you can, because in a year, 5 years, 10 years...you'll be glad you did.
Hugs, friend. We know what this is like...and it sucks. It just sucks. But some day it will suck a little less and you'll speak of her and think of her and smile and laugh a bit. Trust me on this =)
And this is one of the best things I've ever read on here, and the rest of the post relates to how many different ways and ages we can lose our little friends.

Very well said........:salam: :clap2: :agree:

GhostieCat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
We recently lost our baby to FIP. I'm sorry to hear that yours was taken from you by that terrible illness. Hopefully they find a cure or a prevention in the near future so none of us have to lose our furbabies to that awful disease. My condolences.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Rford5079

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I just wanted to thank each and everyone one of you for your kind words. They truly are appreciated and GhostieCat GhostieCat i am very sorry. I never knew what it was until she became sick and I wish there was something that could be done to save them. It is a terrible disease and it’s painful to watch because we can’t help them. I’m sorry for your loss as well.

GhostieCat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I think the reason that FIP hurts so much is because it sweeps in and takes them so suddenly. We started noticing symptoms four or five days before we decided to have her checked out. She had a fever of 105 and wouldn't eat and almost exactly a week later she was gone. There was no time for me or my fiance to come to grips with the fact she was dying. FIP is an illness that touches your life and you never exactly recover from it.

Enough of my rambling though.. Penny was truly majestic... She commanded attention with that beautiful color and long fur. I've always wanted a kitten like that. Again, my condolences... She is probably playing with my Ghost in heaven and all the other babies. Though they touched your heart for such a short time, they will remain there forever.

:alright::rbheart:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Rford5079

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I think the reason that FIP hurts so much is because it sweeps in and takes them so suddenly. We started noticing symptoms four or five days before we decided to have her checked out. She had a fever of 105 and wouldn't eat and almost exactly a week later she was gone. There was no time for me or my fiance to come to grips with the fact she was dying. FIP is an illness that touches your life and you never exactly recover from it.

Enough of my rambling though.. Penny was truly majestic... She commanded attention with that beautiful color and long fur. I've always wanted a kitten like that. Again, my condolences... She is probably playing with my Ghost in heaven and all the other babies. Though they touched your heart for such a short time, they will remain there forever.

:alright::rbheart:

I know exactly what you mean. I rushed her to the vet at 3:45am on Friday morning and that vet was a complete ass and made me feel stupid. At one point I actually apologized because I felt like such a burden. I called them again at 2pm to tell them she had gotten worse. She wouldn’t eat, she wouldn’t drink, she wouldn’t move. They had taken X-rays and the jerk vet had chalked it up to constipation completely missing the fluid in her stonach. They told me because she had had a bowel movement that I wait until morning.

Less than three hours after that call I rushed her to another vet and she was almost comatose. That vet was a godsend and took my baby home with him to make sure she made it through the night. Come 10 am on Monday it was time for us to let her go. Four days and she was gone by a disease I’ve never even heard of.