Pees on my couch or bed

goblinsmoma

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My cat pees on the couch and my bed when she can get into bedroom. I close my bedroom door because I can't have her on my pillows. I have been real sick and the doctor has told me to give her up because she is what's been making me sick. My daughters took her for a while to see if maybe she just needed more attention and that didn't work she peed on their beds and couch too. She has been check by a vet and she is in good health and the vet said its behavioral. When daughter called the humane society here and explain what was going on they told her to take my cat to vet and have her put down. Well she is back with me because I just can't put her down just because of this. I just don't know what to do because this also stops her from getting a good home. I have also checked into the No Kill shelters in my area and they are all full. She is only 3 years old. Please if you have any suggests please let me know. Thanks

minka

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If the vet gave her a good thorough workup that included checking a sample of urine, then we can assume he is correct. However, if he just patted her down and said 'Nope, she's fine', you need to take her to another vet.

Now here are all the things you need to do before we can assume its behavioral:
1. Was your couch and bed cleaned with an enzymatic cleaner like Nature's Miracle to make sure it doesn't keep attracting her?
2. Are there any new people or pets in the home?
3. Are there enough litter boxes? At least one per cat plus one extra?
4. How often are the boxes scooped? Did you change litter recently?