Peeing

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A couple months ago, I put a towel down under my kids stroller and Mabel peed all over it and the stroller. Today, she peed on their bean bag chair. I had just finished getting my kids dressed after bathing them and a few minutes later, my son was soaked. I couldn't figure out where it came from until my daughter said "eww my bean bag chair is all wet". They love that bean bag chair and now I have to throw it out.

She's a great cat, she let's the kids play with her. I don't know why she would have done this. I can't have her peeing on my kids stuff. :( What do I do to stop this?

Last edited:

ruaryx

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Is she spayed?  Have you taken her to the vet to rule out other health issues?

margd

Chula and Paul's roommate
Veteran
Purraise
When a cat who usually uses her box pees outside of it, often a UTI is involved.  She needs to go to the vet to be checked out.  However I suspect it might be behavioral given that she did this once a couple of months ago and not again, until today.  Did anything change in your household at these times?   And is it possible one of your children was inadvertently a little rough with her?  

Good luck getting to the bottom of this!  

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes she's spayed. She hasn't been to the vet because it just happened a couple hours ago.

My kids were probably rough with her, my son tends to be too rough sometimes. He's only one and doesn't quite get it yet. Mabel usually doesn't care though. I did notice her litter box needed scooping and I've done that now so maybe that was the problem. I usually do it at night before I go to bed but I guess it needed it earlier today.

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
@catlover19 see if this really comprehensive article has any answers for you.

[article="32366"]How To Solve Litterbox Problems In Cats The Ultimate Guide​[/article]