Peeing problem

jordan bergeron

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I have two cats, Nixie (2) and Kairi (she was a stray, unsure, maybe 5 months).

They both get a long really well, neither are fixed at the moment.  I'm not sure if this could be contributing to the problem.

Anyways, I like to put rugs down in my bathroom and in my room and literally every time I put one down, they pee on it within a few days.

They'll pee on bath mats, rugs, even litter mats.  It even smells like they might've peed on their cat post.  I'm not sure who is doing it but I know it's one of the cats.

One of the cats (pretty sure its Nixie) even peed on my dogs bed multiple times.

Kairi already goes into heat and Nixie also goes into heat.  I never really had the problem with Nixie before I got Kairi.

It's an awful smell and I don't want to have the same problem when I move into an apartment because I'm afraid they'll be on the carpet.

Side note:

Any time I put a basket of clothes in the closet Kairi will proceed to poop all over it, only if its in the closet. (These cats are driving me crazy 
)

riley1

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Get them fixed NOW!  They are advertising to the males in the area that they are ready & willing. At the shelter we fix kittens at 2 lbs.  I think that is a little early but we need to get them adopted so more can come in.  If you wait this could become a pattern.  Also, go back to the intro instructions & follow them for both cat to cat & cat to dog.  Their has to be some tension going on there.  Do you have three litter boxes, uncovered that a cat can not be cornered?  Also, unscented litter is the best thing to use.  Good luck, I know what a problem this can be.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jordan bergeron

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
As of now I live at home and am confined to my room and adjoining bathroom.  I don't have place for more than one large litter box.  Is it necessary to have 3 or would two suffice, one for each cat?

feralhound

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Oh yes, definetly get them fixed! Having two cats in a smallish area will sometimes make them stressed, and urinate inappropriatly. They defintly need one litter box per cat, and must be cleaned at least once a day. If you get two litter boxes seperate them, see who's doing it, and make sure that one doesn't have any sort of urinary tract infection as well.

lbeil

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Help!! We have had our two cats since they were 4 weeks old. They are brother and sister and almost 2 years old. About 6 months ago we started finding pee in the oddest places, on tables, the bar, my daughters bed, on the piano and the list goes on. We have 3 litter boxes and they are scooped daily. The vet gave them both a good bill of health and about 2 weeks ago we caught the male peeing right in front of us. He now goes into a large bedroom when we leave however we are still finding he is peeing on the kitchen table, clothes and my purses when we are home. We don't want to get rid of him but can't have him ruining things. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!