Peeing on Towels

Silver Crazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Blue suddenly started peeing on towels that I had recently used and dropped on the floor or left within reach and had me puzzled what was going on..he never pees anywhere inside apart from his litter tray and has never transgressed ever before except when he had a UTI.
I thought about what could have changed over the last week and only thing that come to mind was a new brand of shampoo I started using.
Wiped some on a cloth and left it on the floor and far enough..he peed on it.
Something in it he either doesnt like or makes him mark his territory.
You just never know sometimes what triggers these thing..lol

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi. Well, you know the first thing is to rule out another UTI. But, as a test, do you have some other shampoo or soap you could use on a towel and then leave it on the floor to see if he will pee on it? If he doesn't, there might be something in the shampoo that is like a pheromone to him. Whatever it is, stop leaving towels on the floor!!! ;)

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Krista would pee on my bath mat. After I replaced it and she peed on the replacement, I stopped using a bath mat. If I left a towel on the floor, she’d pee on it. I didn’t even bother trying to figure out why. I just stopped leaving towels on the floor. When I’m done with my shower, the floor towel gets hung up. Sometimes it’s just easier to change your own than to change your cat’s behavior.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Silver Crazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi. Well, you know the first thing is to rule out another UTI. But, as a test, do you have some other shampoo or soap you could use on a towel and then leave it on the floor to see if he will pee on it? If he doesn't, there might be something in the shampoo that is like a pheromone to him. Whatever it is, stop leaving towels on the floor!!! ;)
Well I am a messy bachelor..things dont always go where they should..lol
I put some shampoo on an old doormat and he peed on it straight away so is definitely the shampoo, glad he didnt pee on my head!!