Pee/poop when grooming

NabilBen

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hey guys
I've noticed something that my cat does but only few times now.
Sometimes when my cat cleans his private parts, he ends up peeing a bit or pooping a bit.
I woke up one day and I've found a small piece of poop on the bed. As for peeing also when grooming.
Other than this he is in a good health condition.
Is this normal or not!?

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi. Not normal from my personal experiences. However, the poop could be stuff he had stuck/left on his bottom/fur that came off while grooming. Not sure about the pee. How big of an amount of pee did you find? Is he peeing and pooping normally otherwise? Watch him when he is in the litter box to see what might be going on - it could give you a clue.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

NabilBen

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hello FeebysOwner FeebysOwner
The pee problem happened twice and it was really a tiny amount. He's using his litter box normally. Eating/drinking normally too.
I called his vet to ask about this. He said that's perfectly normal. While he grooms himself down there he presses or stimulates some nerves then a small amount of pee comes out.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
You know, I could not find one thing about this, specifically. However, your vet's response, given that this is occasional and very small amounts, makes perfect sense if your cat grooms that area vigorously. So long as EVERYTHING else remains normal, I'd accept what he said.