Peanut got too brave...

petcrazy76

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I know I have another thread on my cats fighting but things have changed a bit. Earlier this week we had the incident where I put on Angel's collar too loose and it got stuck in her mouth for several hours. I felt horrible about the incident but was happy that Peanut used her recovery days as a chance to reclaim the living room.

In case you're not familiar with my situation, Last year my youngest cat Angel started attacking my older cat Peanut. We spent two months reintroducing them. They got along most of the time but Angel would not let Peanut in our bedroom anymore. She would still occasionally attack him but recently she started chasing him from the living room at night.

Anyway they were doing better with the cat tree, Angel had her collar trauma and Peanut got braver. Tonight Angel was all over me in bed which is unusual this time of year. When I eventually pushed her to the floor she hissed loudly so I turned on my flashlight. There was Peanut sleeping in a pile of clothes on my floor. He has been too scared to go in there for most of this year. Strangely enough my normally frightened Peanut just laid there. I got up and Angel ran.

This really surprised me so I followed her to see how she was. She gave me a little hiss and ran downstairs. As I typed this she's come back upstairs and is laying by me on the couch.

I guess I'm just concerned because that became her safe place to cool down. Plus her litterboxes are in our bathroom and she just started pooping in there after 2 years of using the floor.

It wasnt a huge deal. Just a hiss, a stare down and she ran away. Do I let them fight for the area as long as no one gets hurt? Or should I be doing something?

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
A bit of hissing and not too bad fighting is OK as it's their way of sorting things out.

Did you try the Feliway?  I'm thinking your bedroom could be a good place for it.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

petcrazy76

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I have a plug-in for our bedroom/bathroom but not the rest of the house. I was hoping it would help Angel use the litter box.

They do both seem relaxed today. I just got a little panicked since Peanut has never been one to stand up for himself. I do hope he can permanently make it back into our room. He really seems to miss it.