Peanut butter xylitol free

Hellenww

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I have 2 6mt kittens. They get 1 1/2 can fancy feast kitten dly each (1/2 am & pm, 1/4 2x through the day) and free feed Authority Kitten (them and my 13yr go through 1 1/2cp dly). Leo (male) is 7.6lb, Luna (female) 6.2lb, Sqeeker (13yr male {he has his annual on monday with senior bloodwork, vet said kitten dry is ok unless his bloodwork disagrees. He could use gaining 1-2lb) 6 lb.

I feed the squirrels peanut butter sandwiches. L&L are crazy for the peanut butter. The first time I thought they just wanted to try something different but today I had to stroller them so I could finish making the sandwiches. I make a batch once a week and cut them dly. L&L are only interest when I'm assembling. Should I let them had a little?

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi
It depends, I don't know how small an amount you're thinking of, -- there could be sugar and sodium that the cats don't need :)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Hellenww

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
They each got 4-5 big licks and Leo took off with 1/16 of a thin sandwich. I'm thinking 2-3 licks on a paperplate to get them out of the eating on the counter habit.

lisahe

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Could you distract the cats with some cat treats instead? Bread and peanut butter aren't exactly cat food, particularly if they're fed regularly... the last thing you want is for it to become even more of a habit. Cats are usually pretty easy to distract with something else that they like!

Last edited: