Paws (foodcity) Wet Cat Food

Artistwolf

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Getting one of my cats to consistently eat wet food has always been a struggle for me, but recently I’ve found some food that both of my cats adore. Neither of them will eat pate-style food anymore, which is a bit annoying because from what I’ve found that’s mostly the most healthy kind :/
That said, the foods they love most appear to be Max Cat, Fancy Feast cheese or gravy, and really any chunky, gravy type things. They liked Meow Mix for a while but they’ve kind of gotten bored of that. Which leads me to the main point of this thread... recently I’ve discovered that they absolutely LOVE the Paws Happy Life cat food found at FoodCity (the chunky, shredded, etc types in gravy).
This food is unbelievably cheap, like 10 5.5 oz cans for $4.00 cheap. Which I find suspicious. But I grabbed it once in a pinch and the cats gobble it down like it’s the best thing they’ve ever tasted. Note that I’ve never tried Friskies because I’ve always thought it doesn’t seem like quality food, and I didn’t like the rice in the ingredients list.. but I’m wondering if the Pawas food is even worse than Friskies. I obviously like the price but I also dislike it because it seems to me that only junk could cost that little. I also can’t find any info online about dry matter carbohydrate levels and whatnot.
I guess what I’m asking is, has anyone else used this food? What do you think of it?
If you need/want ingredients lists, I can post some, just ask.

BlueJay

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
You should be able to calculate carbohydrate levels for any wet food. I found this site: How to calculate carbs in cat food but I've never tried, I meant to do this yesterday to compare some kinds but ended up with a kitten asleep on me...with the cans too far away to reach. Oh well, maybe today! At the bottom of the page I linked to it has a link to something that says it will do the calculations for you. Also keep in mind general quality of ingrediants, how many corn based products does it contain, etc. Some people avoid artificial colors and more. Generally I agree with the people who say you should get the best you can find and afford that your kitties like to eat.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Artistwolf

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thank you so so much!! I had no idea how to do that... really answers all my questions. Thanks again!