Pawdiet.com

patti511

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Does anyone use Pawdiet to read reviews on cat food? In my neverending search to find the perfect cat food, I’ve come across Fussie Cat. The chicken recipes are carrageenan-free, however there is locust bean gum. My cats love it, but it only gets a 3 out of 5 star rating. Instinct gets 5 out of 5. I’d like to rotate their canned food. I have 5 cats and it’s getting quite expensive. Anybody use Pawdiet for reviews??

duckpond

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have not used pawdiet for reviews, trying to pull it up now, but having a bit of trouble. I love reviews, but i always take them with a grain of salt. One place will review it as a 1 the next place will give it a 5.

It is very hard to stay away from any thickeners, locust bean does not bother me too much. I have given my cats a few of the Fussie Cat super premium foods, they like some , some they dont... cats. But i think its a pretty good food.

a few places i do look for reviews, and of course i always read on chewy to see what everyone else is saying. But some of the best reviewed foods are ones my cats will not eat, so you never know :headscratch:

https://catinfo.org/docs/CatFoodProteinFatCarbPhosphorusChart.pdf

CatFoodDB - Cat Food Reviews to help you find the best cat food for your cat

I have decided there is no perfect food. I try to get the best i can, and if they will eat it, then its the best :) Right now we are eating a lot of Tiki cat, and Almo nature. Fussie was a fav for a while, but i think they got tired of it. will try again someday.

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I have never heard of that review site. Like duckpond duckpond , my cats are my reviewers. Either they like it or they don't. Of course, I don't usually let them try just anything, unless they are sick and not eating. Then anything goes.

cheeser

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I haven't heard of that site, either. But it's probably just as well, as our cats rarely seem to agree with any online reviews. If a product gets glowing reviews, our cats will probably hate it. And if other cats hate it, our cats will probably love it. :lol:

These days, we consider a 'perfect' food to be one that our cats will actually eat. So sometimes that means having to settle for something a little less perfect, such as an ingredient about which we're not too keen, is slightly higher in carbs than we'd prefer, etc.

One of our cats used to love the chicken-based flavors from Fussie Cat and Tiki Cat. We just stopped feeding it because he developed an allergy to chicken. :sigh:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

patti511

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Does anyone use Pawdiet to read reviews on cat food? In my neverending search to find the perfect cat food, I’ve come across Fussie Cat. The chicken recipes are carrageenan-free, however there is locust bean gum. My cats love it, but it only gets a 3 out of 5 star rating. Instinct gets 5 out of 5. I’d like to rotate their canned
I have not used pawdiet for reviews, trying to pull it up now, but having a bit of trouble. I love reviews, but i always take them with a grain of salt. One place will review it as a 1 the next place will give it a 5.

It is very hard to stay away from any thickeners, locust bean does not bother me too much. I have given my cats a few of the Fussie Cat super premium foods, they like some , some they dont... cats. But i think its a pretty good food.

a few places i do look for reviews, and of course i always read on chewy to see what everyone else is saying. But some of the best reviewed foods are ones my cats will not eat, so you never know :headscratch:

I have decided there is no perfect food. I try to get the best i can, and if they will eat it, then its the best :) Right now we are eating a lot of Tiki cat, and Almo nature. Fussie was a fav for a while, but i think they got tired of it. will try again someday.
I used to feed them Tiki poultry varieties, but they began adding menadione to it :-(. I stopped. What are your thoughts on that??

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

:thumbsup:
It's important IMO to take reviews with that grain of salt and consider them *potentially* informative, but watch out for stuff like all caps screaming reviews with lots incomprehensible long winded-ness, lots of the inclusions of "!!!!eleventy!!" stuff, or really weird claims like "I fed my 8 week old kitten this food one time and 26 years later my cat was DEAD" stuff.
I agree. The perfect food does NOT exist and that goes for raw as well as every pet is different.
Find a food your happy with. Call the company for clarification on any questions if you feel the need. Feed your cat, enjoy them, but keep learning in case a problem arises (shortages, formula changes, etc.) so you have a back up plan. =)
Food is important in health and longevity but so is other stuff like love, exercise, playtime, environment, etc. !:hyper:

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have never heard of that review site. Like duckpond duckpond , my cats are my reviewers. Either they like it or they don't. Of course, I don't usually let them try just anything, unless they are sick and not eating. Then anything goes.
We had a sick dog eat nothing but plain McDonald's hamburgers once. Once he was well, he was back on his normal food.
If they're sick, they get whatever the heck they want!