Pawbot automatic feeder

badw0lf

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Pawbot
A couple years ago I saw this auto feeder on Kickstarter. They were asking for too much $3000! So they finally were like ok we will build one for less than $500. They keep pushing the date back, but a part of me wants this real bad.

I’m a real automation advocate if you look at my post history lol. But what I LOVE about this one is that it holds up to 18 cans!!!!, opens cans, dumps the food in a bowl, serves with your audio recording, throws bowl away, self cleans the robot arm/s. The cherry on top of the cake is they confirmed to support raw and home cook. Now I don’t know how it will work for multi cat households, but this looks super promising now that I know it will support all types of diets. Also a plus for when you go away for vacation, you won’t have to worry about your cat sitter messing up specific diet needs. I am so excited for its release. I know it’s gonna be expensive, but what really got me now is that it can support all diets.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Pawbot
A couple years ago I saw this auto feeder on Kickstarter. They were asking for too much $3000! So they finally were like ok we will build one for less than $500. They keep pushing the date back, but a part of me wants this real bad.

I’m a real automation advocate if you look at my post history lol. But what I LOVE about this one is that it holds up to 18 cans!!!!, opens cans, dumps the food in a bowl, serves with your audio recording, throws bowl away, self cleans the robot arm/s. The cherry on top of the cake is they confirmed to support raw and home cook. Now I don’t know how it will work for multi cat households, but this looks super promising now that I know it will support all types of diets. Also a plus for when you go away for vacation, you won’t have to worry about your cat sitter messing up specific diet needs. I am so excited for its release. I know it’s gonna be expensive, but what really got me now is that it can support all diets.
I wouldn't put raw food in this. I don't leave raw food out of the fridge for more than 45 minutes. I wouldn't trust any type of ice pack solution to extend this time. Raw is something I serve on demand and Krista has a time limit to finish it.

I don't know if I'd trust this machine. It seems like it could fail easily enough and then your cat starves until the failure is detected and corrected. I use timed feeders that cost me under $40 for a pair. They can hold small ice gel packs underneath the food trays to keep the food fresher longer. Even still, I only trust food in these for about six hours. If I were able to travel again without Krista, I would pay a sitter to come two or three times a day and load the feeders to cover the times between. I deploy my feeders in pairs in case one fails to open. This has happened less than a handful of times out of the hundreds of uses. But the first time it happened, before I deployed them in pairs, my cat was throwing up stomach acid from going too long between meals. The only way you could convince me to use a Pawbot is if I could afford to deploy them in pairs.

Even then, Krista doesn't eat whole cans. Does it weigh out portions and refrigerate the remainders?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

badw0lf

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
yeah so same with Roman, he won't eat the entire can in one sitting. If you leave questions in the comment section, they answer pretty quickly.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I enjoy feeding time with Krista. Most meals, she will join me on the kitchen counter and su-purr-vise. Depending on what I'm serving, she may also try to "help." She gets especially perky and pushy about her raw portions. I use the feeders so I have some freedom to leave her in the day and I can get sleep at night. But otherwise, I wouldn't want to automate away that special time we share several times a day.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

badw0lf

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
ok, I am not telling you or trying to convince you to change your routine. I wrote this to express excitement and inform people that there are options available for those who may be interested. While I understand that this doesn't appeal to you - understand please, that I found this and just observing it from what the company has advertised for.