Paw Pads Bleeding?

Winniethebullet

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi! So I have recently noticed that my cat's paw pads have been getting extremely dry, they have been cracking and bleeding. I have no clue if I should do something or let them be. I live in the mountains and it started to get colder hence my toes also got dry and started to crack. I'm not sure if a lotion exists for cats or if I should be changing something else. I have carpeted floors, would that affect anything? Now, Winnie doesn't seem to be in any particular pain but I for a fact know that bleeding toes are a pain in the butt. So? I would appreciate any feedback!;)
upload_2017-12-7_5-50-19.png
upload_2017-12-7_5-50-59.png

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
How long has it been going on? Have you discussed it with your vet?

Ponju

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My cats have chapped paws too. I think given the dry winter air, it's bound to happen some. First I would recommend having kitty checked out by the vet just in case. Then I would suggest getting a humidifier for the rooms your kitty hangs out in.

Here's some more info about paw care.
Paw and Pad Care | Okaw Veterinary Clinic

Kefa

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
In the old days, we would have used a little lard to moisturize them. I have been reading around cat sites since I got Homer and have seen coconut oil and olive oil and even petroleum jelly recommended for different cat skin issues. But I think I still personally prefer lard. My grandmother used lard on her feet. So I googled lard as a moisturizer this morning.
Apparently it is still a thing for people. I think I will get some for my feet even.

Gizmobius

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
You could use some bag balm as well. Gizmo had a strange thing where only one of his back paws was dry and bag balm seemed to help clear it up.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winniethebullet

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Okay you guys thank you so much!;)