Patty's Glop - a lifesaver!

krissi

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Patty, I cannot thank you enough for that glop recipe as it has now come in handy for my month-old kitten. With the introduction of a new stud into the household (albeit nowehere near mother and kitten), mother cat can smell him on our clothing and has started mimicking being on heat! She has therefore lost interest in her kitten whose weight remained stagnant for two days. As you know, kittens gain good weight every day. I started her on the Glop yesterday and whoopee! she is gaining well again. The kitten still gets a chance to suckle when I fuss over mum and groom her. Although the vet assured me she would not lose her milk, she definitely has not been feeding the kitten as well as she should be since the new boy moved in. The Glop recipe is definitely a lifesaver !! Do you think it has sufficient protein as the Emergency Kitten Milk formula includes 4 egg yolks for extra protein?

mycatsluvme

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I am not in the medical field. Possibly a RN or certainly a vet or a nutrtionist could tell you.Do you have a goat farm nearby? For my wee ones 3 weeks and below or medicaly fragile I give them goats milk. I apologize I am in finals and have not come here recently.But will make it a point to be here.

Also in your note, you are stating she is appearing to be back in heat. Have you tried..how do I put this without offending anyone. Making a toy, and compensating her so she artificialy feels she has mated? Bengal breeders do it often here. If you want to PM me privately I will explain what to do.

The glop isnt mine but a recipe that has been floating around forever.

Patty

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

krissi

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Patty, the kitten is doing fine and so is mum. The vet is happy with both of them and her "heat" doesn't seem to be the real thing - just a reaction to the smell of the stud on our clothing. She has settled down completely and everything seems to be back to normal.

The Glop recipe is different to the emergency kitten feeding recipe I have and the kitten definitely prefers it. She is also eating a bit of Royal Canin Babycat chopped up in the blender with water, like a porridge, as she is five weeks old now. This is the only kitten out of three that survived past a day and she has always been big and healthy, so I didn't want her health to take a turn for the worse.

Hope the finals are going well!

mycatsluvme

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I am glad all is back on track! I have heard that particular food is pretty darn good. But no one in Hawaii carries it here

I hate it when they pass over or have the fading kitten syndrome. But am glad you have at least one baby.

Blessings and Happy New Year to you and your family~

Patty