Past Her Due Date!!

Wolfchick82

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Ok so Maduca went into heat and I saw her get got by one of my males... Farm cats were post to get fixed January 3rd but it the money went to a very high electric bill.. Anyway I took that day and went 65 days out from there and marked it as kitten day... But that was the 29th of March... And its two weeks later and she shows no signs of going into labor.. Just her being HUGE... I have nesting boxes and evrrything to make her happy but she isnt wanting babies to come... How much longer do you think it will be?
20180403_190925.jpg
20180411_104639.jpg

mprpladi

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I shaved the hair from my Queen after she had her litter, best to do that now if you have not
Is there anything you can do to speed up labor?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Wolfchick82

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I've tried about everything I could find... Locking her to a room with 3 nest boxes... Bringing her out to try and get some exercise... Company where she feels safe... She nested a few days then went back to normal.. She's cuddly but not more than normal... She eats and poops and still has no milk or discharge.. I'm lost as to what is left for her but to wait but this is getting crazy... The kittens are moving still so I know its ok but the wait is killing me... She has decided the last few days that belly rubs are short and far between where as non preg her loves belly rubs

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
A few days more is quite common. two weeks longer isnt common. So I suspect they didnt get done when she mated. They did sneakly remated some time after, and its the remating which resulted.
So you essentially dont know much and its just to wait it out.

With humans we dont need to guess much in unsure cases, its "just" to make a cesarean. But a too early cesarean on cats is harmful for kittens, they dont manage to be delivered too early... So in 99% of all cases, we recommend to wait it out... Unless momma is clearly ill, with heavy bleeding or a clearly seen infection or such.

Most high pregs like belly rubs, but apparently not all...

Be observant, and wait it out calmly.

Ps. Give her calcium rich food. Youghurt, cheese, goats milk, for example.

Good luck!

I've tried about everything I could find... Locking her to a room with 3 nest boxes... Bringing her out to try and get some exercise... Company where she feels safe... She nested a few days then went back to normal.. She's cuddly but not more than normal... She eats and poops and still has no milk or discharge.. I'm lost as to what is left for her but to wait but this is getting crazy... The kittens are moving still so I know its ok but the wait is killing me... She has decided the last few days that belly rubs are short and far between where as non preg her loves belly rubs

ashade1

Wild and Wonderful Animal Rescue Director
Top Cat
Purraise
Just be patient, you don't want premature kittens for sure! It sounds like she probably mated after you thought that she did (or the time that you saw she didn't take). No reason to worry unless she appears to be in distress! She does look uncomfortable poor girl!

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Yep, just hang in there and wait. She’ll have them soon.

Wolfchick82

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
The babies are here.. Seven of them... Is it normal for there to feel more lumps in her tummy but she acts like she's done... Hmmm???

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Seven! Are all kittens latched and nursing? Have you weighed them?

You’ll likely have a runt or two who will need supplementing with this size litter.

Did you buy kitten formula?

How is mom doing?

It’s normal for her uterus to feel lumpy after delivery until it shrinks back to size.

Wolfchick82

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I bought some kmr and have been supplimenting a few times... It seems that milk is only coming out of 4 teats and the kittens only like 2 of those so it seems to be a process to get them all full.. But mom is doing well and happy

Wolfchick82

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
The smallest kitten is 3.3oz and refuses to do the supplement but I keep trying I got a scale to watch weight but still only milk in 4 teats... I'm doing the best I can but I work 12s all weekend so I'm gonna try my best to get them through this