Partial Intestinal Blockage Advice

SusieCookie

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hello my friends,
I have come once again seeking advice. I took my lovely long-haired cat, Gato, to the vet yesterday because he was acting strangely. I got up yesterday morning to him vomiting and just sticking to one place in the house. He usually loves to greet us in the mornings with chirps and meows for food. He did none of that yesterday, and wanted nothing to do with food or anything. I immediately became concerned and took him to my vet. She said that he has something going on in his intestines, and she gave me some Laxtone to help release what's in there. She told me to isolate him with no food and just a bowl of water in my room. She gave him some SubQ fluids to help him get through the night. I watched him pretty much the whole day yesterday but he hasn't gone potty yet, and all he has been doing is licking and scratching himself ( I believe he still is suffering from fleas, it has been a battle getting rid of them). Going back and forth from sitting on the floor to sitting in his comfy carrier. Today I am suppose to give him some baby food to help guide him back into food again til whatever it is comes out. But, I could use some advice. Has anyone else dealt with this? I just want him to be ok. And if there is anymore I can do for him I am willing to try. Thank you.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi!
Keep doing what your vet has directed you to do - and I would say first thing tomorrow let them know what all has happened, unless he starts to look even more uncomfortable, then I'd call the emergency vet today. Hang in there!!
I'm sending all sorts of good thoughts your way!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

SusieCookie

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi!
Keep doing what your vet has directed you to do - and I would say first thing tomorrow let them know what all has happened, unless he starts to look even more uncomfortable, then I'd call the emergency vet today. Hang in there!!
I'm sending all sorts of good thoughts your way!
He honestly is looking a lot better today. He ate some baby food, and is back to begging me for food. Although he is still going back and forth between staying out of his carrier and staying in, I'd say this is an improvement.