Parmigiano-Reggiano price increase

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Let the hoarding begin....Just read an article that Parmesan cheese may increase in price as much as $1.50 to $2.00 a pound. Good Parm takes a while to age and mature and, back when it was being made, milk was difficult to come by bc of the virus. Now that that cheese is maturing (probably by spring), the price will probably increase. We tend to use quite a bit of Parm, usually Parmigiano-Reggiano. So yep, I'll be buying a few blocks next time we hit the grocery store. I'll grate it, then freeze it in one-cup portions, using our Food Saver. And freeze the rinds, too, for soup.

VanCatMa

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Let the hoarding begin....Just read an article that Parmesan cheese may increase in price as much as $1.50 to $2.00 a pound. Good Parm takes a while to age and mature and, back when it was being made, milk was difficult to come by bc of the virus. Now that that cheese is maturing (probably by spring), the price will probably increase. We tend to use quite a bit of Parm, usually Parmigiano-Reggiano. So yep, I'll be buying a few blocks next time we hit the grocery store. I'll grate it, then freeze it in one-cup portions, using our Food Saver. And freeze the rinds, too, for soup.
[/URL]
Thanks for mentioning it. It seems like the price of everything has greatly increased; but, sadly, wages have not increased.